fishing pinkenba over night

jhedrick

Hey Guys,

I get back from work next monday and thinking about sleeping out on my tinny over night on the tuesday. Anyone know what you catch at night out there? which side of the river I should anchor up on? I was just going to use pillies and squid with a paternoster rig. That will do the job right? Anyway im looking forward to chilling out and having a few beers after 2 weeks solid of work. If anyone has any suggestions on what i would be targeting out there and what baits to use, let me know.

Thanks guys

so jealous you even get to do this! Mate, i would say firstly, lock up your car and trailer with every chain and lock you have. Few guys stealing car and trailer parts as per previous posts.

Anyways, would say anchor up at a few places like along the sunken wall and move further up to where the pipeline is near boggy creek. Use lures and livies and you might get a few threadies and jew. consider also fishing around fishermans island.

Might be worth putting out a few crab pots too?

Anyways, good luck and looking forward to your report.

cheers

Take a mosquito net and coat yourself in DDT and the mozzies there are that bad that they will still get you.

Cast net livies in front of the poo shoot and fish the drop off between the pipeline and the pooshoot or along the pipeline.

I dont have a cast net so i wont be getting any live bait which sucks, so just normal bait unless i catch something i can use for bait. I didnt know you could use lures at night. do you get much action on them? if so what types do you recommend?

Im not too worried about the trailer getting stolen even though i will lock it up. Its a home made job from the previous owner who was this old guy who made it himself. Doesnt even have guide wheels its just two bits of timber to support the boat on the trailer.

My car is a 2002 ford falcon station wagon, if someone can get in and steal it then it would be great. Pretty hard car to pinch but i would get a lots more back from insurance then the car is worth. Its a pretty old tinny but i love going out on it so much. 25hp on a little tinny is good fun, unless you hit a bump or turn too quickly even then its pretty damn fun. Dont suggest going out in the bay over 10 knots in it though.

Cant wait til next tuesday! im going to have to find this poo shoot and put out a few crab nets.

Thanks guys

This might be a big ask but would someone be able to google maps me where this poo shoot is? I think the pipeline is that one i go under from pinkenba to get to the sunken wall. Right behind the bp refinery. never really explored along it though.

• 2 weeks later...

So... Im still out on site and havent been fishing. Dont know when i am going back home and really want to go fishing. I ordered a heap of stuff from ebay which is sitting at home. Man i need to go for a fish, a little bit sick of work at the moment. I suppose bring on week 4 :(

thanks mate, i think i will stick to one an hour. my goal of getting back and fishing over night has been shattered again. Looks like im 4 weeks out here. I need a misses that fishes and doesnt like to drink to come out with me by the sounds of it. I very rarely drink when im out because its a small tinny and im more interested in baiting up and fishing, but i would really like to kick back over night and have a few

Archived