Thoughts on the Daiwa 2011 Caldia

As the title says I'm after any thoughts or reviews by people who own the new 2011 Caldia's. These Caldia's have the mag seal as well as the air rotor and zaion body. I already have a couple of the new certates but nothing in the 2500 size so I'm trying to decide between the 2 for a light snapper outfit. Belowis the link for the 2011 Caldia's.

/>http://daiwafishing.com.au/?p=8839

mate of mine bought the 2000 model, couldnt be happier, for this price range it dose very well for itself.

you can certainly feel the lure action through the handle more than the older models.

i bought the new sustain, definatly recommend checking these out too!

Because I am one of the 2 people that I know of that absolutely cannot stand the feel of the Daiwa Airbail, I really just don't like the feel of Daiwa's in general. To be honest though the Caldia did feel very nice (even the airbail ;)) and if I had the money for more than one reel would seriously consider it as it is the nicest one I have had a play with (haven't had a go at Certates, Steez etc) but I am a Shimano man through and through so that is where my money will go. Now before anyone jumps up and down and carries on, I am not saying they are crap I am just saying I personally don't like the feel of them, if someone wants to lend me an Exist or Steez I am more than willing to change my mind though :whistle: :lol:

But back on topic, if you like the feel of the Caldia then you really can't go too wrong with it, it is an excellent reel and silky smooth.

Hmmm this is funny, I was about to post the same question. As well as looking at the 2 above mentioned reels how would people rate the biomaster? I have several Daiwa's now the old er white caldia, the ballistic, an Exceller, and a tri force, whilst these are far from the top notch end of the Daiwa spectrum they have all served me well and never let down. However, I'm now considering giving shimano a go. Been eyeing off the Sustain and the Biomaster.

I've been trying to find some comments on the new caldia for ages. I've almost bought one a few times but the price has put me off each time. I think I'll wait till they go down a bit. In the mean time there are good prices on fuegos from the states. And smaller size heartlands are only $199 at rayannes...

I'm now looking at getting a reel for my new toy - steez tornado! I'm thinking a 2500 shimano or 2000 daiwa. Not sure yet... :)

Because I am one of the 2 people that I know of that absolutely cannot stand the feel of the Daiwa Airbail, I really just don't like the feel of Daiwa's in general. To be honest though the Caldia did feel very nice (even the airbail ;)) and if I had the money for more than one reel would seriously consider it as it is the nicest one I have had a play with (haven't had a go at Certates, Steez etc) but I am a Shimano man through and through so that is where my money will go. Now before anyone jumps up and down and carries on, I am not saying they are crap I am just saying I personally don't like the feel of them, if someone wants to lend me an Exist or Steez I am more than willing to change my mind though :whistle: :lol:

But back on topic, if you like the feel of the Caldia then you really can't go too wrong with it, it is an excellent reel and silky smooth.

I understand where you are coming from, everybody has a preference and it doesn't mean that the other option is crap etc rather that it isn't right for that person. I think I will have to go to a tackle store and have a feel of both of them.

I have had a fuego, albeit a baitcaster, but make sure you check that any magnesium (the spin reels might not have magnesium, the baitcasters do however) is treated cos if its not treated if you use it in the salt it will corrode and make your reel unusable pretty much.

Brandan1034 wrote

check that any magnesium (the spin reels might not have magnesium, the baitcasters do however) is treated cos if its not treated if you use it in the salt it will corrode and make your reel unusable pretty much.

The fuego spin that I have is made from zaion. Yes - the baitcaster is definately a freshwater reel!

Let us know how you get on with the caldia if you get it! :)

Cheers

Archived