Tired Tyres, new ones required! Best Price??

MoparKevUk

I recently had a great experience with a Tyre place on the corner of new Cleveland and Old Cleveland road, Capalaba.

They really knew their stuff and were great on prices.

Sorry the name has slipped my mind but it's just in that group of industrial complexes up from the corner

Save yourself heaps of money and buy from overseas. I've purchased 2 sets of tyres from http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk , a set of 4 Yokohama Advan AD-08's and a set of 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 tyres.

Total cost of Goodyears was $886 air freighted to my door in less than 5 working days (locally best price $1100), The Yokohamas was even better at $574.65 (locally $840).

I've also purchased 4 tyres from www.tirerack.com with similar savings.

245/35R20 Continental Extreme Contact DW XL at $219.00 each US

275/30R20 Continental Extreme Contact DW XL at $270.00 each US

(4) Tires: $978.00

Shipping to Australia: $298.06 (FEDEX Economy 3-5 days)

Total delivered: $1,276.06

Same tyres well over $2000 in aus.

If you don't particularly care about what junk tyre you put on your car then a $60 special will be legal but pretty rubbish, so locally will be better. At least get something decent locally around $150ish. For anything safe, good gripping and great stopping in wet weather, all things that save lives, I highly recommend importing, no legal issues and very fast delivery. Any tyre shop can fit.

Cheers

Homer

Totally worth importing for performance car tyres but shipping will be the killer on low to mid end tyres.

Seems we get raped on price on absolutely everything in this country.

I think AFO member Flexo is a Bridgestone dealer and has looked after several members.

Rang Mick for you, set of 15's $300 fitted and balanced, 16's 320 fittedand balanced. Brand new, they are usually nexus, I got a set of these tyres called Achilles Desert Hawks H/T for my BT-50, cannot fault them, they are actually better grip than the duellers I had on before.

Which model Nexus?

Hmmm I think I'll stay out of this thread now.....I am passionate about quality and cheap tyres on cars just has me shaking my head in awe :(

Tyres are the things that connect you to the raod...why put cheap stuff on when lives depend on them? :pinch:

My last two cents ...all the best on what you do.

Rang Mick for you, set of 15's $300 fitted and balanced, 16's 320 fittedand balanced. Brand new, they are usually nexus, I got a set of these tyres called Achilles Desert Hawks H/T for my BT-50, cannot fault them, they are actually better grip than the duellers I had on before.

Which model Nexus?

Hmmm I think I'll stay out of this thread now.....I am passionate about quality and cheap tyres on cars just has me shaking my head in awe :(

Tyres are the things that connect you to the raod...why put cheap stuff on when lives depend on them? :pinch:

there is nothing wrong with they "cheap" tyres I bought mate, just no marketing to pay for, they have performed faultlessly over the long tow through driving rain to 1770, off road, creek crossings and large hill climbs off road, over the weekend hitting big puddles they hardly aquaplane, they actually have a higher speed rating and load rating than the more expensive brands. There is dead set nothing wrong with them. I will be replacing the bridgestones on my missus Rav 4 with these when they are due, that is how happy I am with them. And they were $550 fitted, balanced with a wheel allignment!!!!

Totally worth importing for performance car tyres but shipping will be the killer on low to mid end tyres.

Seems we get raped on price on absolutely everything in this country.

I think AFO member Flexo is a Bridgestone dealer and has looked after several members.

Flexo is now out of the game, ut if you want pest control or carpet cleaning done then give him a call.

Which model Nexus?

there is nothing wrong with they "cheap" tyres I bought mate, just no marketing to pay for, they have performed faultlessly over the long tow through driving rain to 1770, off road, creek crossings and large hill climbs off road, over the weekend hitting big puddles they hardly aquaplane, they actually have a higher speed rating and load rating than the more expensive brands. There is dead set nothing wrong with them. I will be replacing the bridgestones on my missus Rav 4 with these when they are due, that is how happy I am with them. And they were $550 fitted, balanced with a wheel allignment!!!!

Will be interesting to see what k's are achieved. Also what competitive reviews say. Safety first. There is more to this than putting it on a car and doing 10 000 k's. things like what they are to be used for, type and style of driving, longevity, warranty, puncture resistance.

I think its more than marketing. Time in the market is the true test. They may be the best tires in the world. And hopefully they are. But im simply saying read and take note of reviews first then make an imformed opinion.

Which model Nexus?

have had nexus on my 60 series cruiser and the Mazda they performed real well.got some wanli from Graeme Crook's Tyres & More ,they are ok ,but they have locked up 3 times on the Mazda . the nexus never locked up on the Mazda and only once the cruiser once when i was towing 3 tone un-braked and in the wet.mick is cheap and all about safety and the right tyres ,u just don't want to be in a hurry.

Which model Nexus?

have had nexus on my 60 series cruiser and the Mazda they performed real well.got some wanli from Graeme Crook's Tyres & More ,they are ok ,but they have locked up 3 times on the Mazda . the nexus never locked up on the Mazda and only once the cruiser once when i was towing 3 tone un-braked and in the wet.mick is cheap and all about safety and the right tyres ,u just don't want to be in a hurry.

i'll be looking for a set of 245/70/16's or 265/70/16 AT's probably around xmas, how are those nexus tyres going with grip, wear, noise, braking etc? $550 for a set sounds alot better than $250 a tyre if they perform as well as the major brands

Archived