Close Fishing Tomorrow

sammysnapper

OK guys the wife has decided to interupt my fishing trip monday by coming along with the kids :evil: . Main problem is she is 7 months pregnants so i dont wanna go to far and wide. i will be launch from dohles rocks and heading out infront of pelican park as this seems like a close by spot which may have a good chance of a decent catch. question is are there better options i can take with my 4.9m cruise craft cuddy and what is the best thing to fish with in this area, it is kinda inbetween the to areas i fish(long way out or up the river?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Despite nobody wanting to share secrets here :woohoo: (i am not surprised) headed down the pine under the bridges for a fish at 630am, missus and kids in tow. fish until 9am with only a few small bits and a couple of caties, the missus had decided she didnt wanna play anymore so i dropped here back at the ramp and returned to fish on.

I set myself up and all was quiet until around 10am when for a mad 45 min or so i couldnt keep up. I had a snapper rod out with squid on double hook setup and live prawns on the other rod and both went mad. In 45 min i ened up with 3 flathead around 45-50cm mark 4 whiting only small biggest being 20cm and pancake fish(who really knows what they are called.

Packed up at 11 to leave turned the key and the battery i bought 3 months ago was almost dead, tried all the tricks checked everything under the sun, in the end great family in a boat passing saw me try and pull start and lucky for me had jumper leads to get me started. If you are the bloke in the blue boat thyanks alot for your help.

all in all not a bad day on the glassy waters in the bay.

Archived