Bribie fishing tips

creature100

Angus...thanks for the warm welcome and the tips. I use soft plastics and have success on them around the aforementioned islands but as i said its getting a bit quiet down there the last few trips so was wanting to broaden my horizons. I ve noticed the effects of the heavy boat traffic in these areas as well so yeah i try and limit targeting snapper to weekdays....clear water and a recent algal bloom or something in the southern bay made for a fruitless trip just this monday gone...only a lonely flounder on board.

cheers

Craig

No worries Craig.

Recently off the main beach at Bribie, several Kayakers have been doing really well for Squire/Snapper on plastics. Just sift through the report (North Coast or Isles and Bay) to check these out.

In the passage itself there seems to be god fish around as well. Dazza has landed plenty of good bream lately. And Jimmybob got a massive Grassy Sweetlip not long ago as well.

I have caught a couple of flatties in Ningi Creek on plastics as well, but have better luck with hard bodies in that location.

Cams rocks i have fished at the southern end of the passage as well with excellent results on both bream and squire. These were bait fished though.

Cheers mate.

Angus

Archived