Firsts and Lasts Fair weather Fisherman

Greenmachine

Kurt(MadMullet), Nick(Nook) and myself had planned to hit the Brissy river for jewies and Threadies Friday night but when the time came round it had rained consistantly all day and was bloody cold. I had had a bad arvo at work and had a bad time trying to get some decent wet weather gear and my enthusiasm at dwindled to an extreme low.

I rang the boys and said "gonna give it a miss I reckon"

They were already heading to the ramp and gave me the old "your gonna kick yourself for not coming" I decided still to not go and then the missus says to me "So your just one of those Fair Weather Fisherman hey"

:pinch: I wasn't going to tolerate that so I rugged up and headed up to the river. Put out a livey at the first spot for not a touch for 40 mins so moved to next spot.

All hell broke loose with livies getting smashed and I was getting busted up on 40lb. Then finally I land my first ever jewie! :woohoo:

Then my 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

2 undersized and 3 legal.

So my first jewfish and the last time I will get called a "fair weather fisherman" B)

Was hard to take pics by myself and in the rain but atleast got one for proof!

post-8998-144598805404_thumb.jpg

These two came home with me and one went on the barbie Sat night along with Nicks threadie for his missuses 18th bday bash and the other is going on the bbq Wednesday night for Gordo's (Capt Coomera) sons 1st bday dinner. Yum!

Archived