storing soft plastics/carrying them also.

bulldogs195461

ive collected several packets of soft plastics,that i just carry in a bait bucket,i was at bcf today and they had some plastic wallets ,vogue variety and i thought maybe its a practical way to keep them near me.i was thinking ,i could just throw them in each plastic sleeve.do you put your whole bag in or tip the contents into a sleeve?also are they an easy item to clean out when you finish with a sleeve?john

just put the packets in there or it can get really messy. (watch out that the gulp packets dont leak in them!!!) That way you can also put 2 or 3 packets in each sleeve to carry more without any problems of plastics bleeding.

Well i havnt had much to do with plastics but with my new found enthusiasm to fishing after recently taking possession of a new boat i decided to add them to my new arsenal of tackle. I too came across the wallets and decided it seemed a good way to store and carry them but unlike you i didn't ask the question and filled the double side wallet with various types and brands and was impressed with the erganomics until 3 days later when i was showing all my new gear off to a mate and discovered an oily sodden mess :(

Moral to the story is definitely keep them in their original packets but still get the wallet. I got a giant tackle bag and the wallet just attaches to the side and frees up heaps of space inside the tackle bag for more great stuff. ;)

there is a planno container the size of a 3700 tray that is divided into 3 sections each section has its own sealed lid and fits a screw top container of gulps and juice.they are called the liquid bait series, saw them at bcf last weekend

I don't bother with those wallet type things, tried it once and it was just a pain in the behind. Just keep them in the original packs and grab a container to keep everything that you take with you in. I carry one small plastic tub with me that is waterproof and floats, it holds my plastics and jigs, hards, pliers, wallet, keys, phone, camera and whatever else I take with me.

I'm not sure about everyone else but the plastics packets always seem to leak no matter how well they seal...my solution to this is to put them in some glad lock bags the I store them inside those plastic wallets...I tend to write what sort of plastic I have on the glad lock bags...alternatively I was thinking you could buy a tub of the gulp alive with the juice and store plastics in there, only fault is the mixture of scents may not be too effective as some one mentioned earlier...

Hope this is of some help...

My philosophy:

"If it lives in juice, keep it in a tub. If it doesn't live in juice, do what ever you want with it!"

I try not to use plastics that live in that smelly oily stuff anymore, it's just a hassle! But, I have been using bream prawns lately so I bought a small sealable tub made by ecogear.

Another option if you use gulps, and I think it has already been mentioned, but buy a gulp alive tub, remove the crazylegs and dump all your little gulps in there. When you go fishing, either take it with you, or take out a few plastics to take in a sealy bag.

Good luck mate!

Archived