Jackpot fishing tackle in Hong Kong

tradie

Just got back from Hong Kong and Phuket. Heard about a good tackle shop in HK that has been operating since 1939 I had to check out. All lures were about $5-7 dollars Aussie each and the deep diver lures were $10 each.

Great shop well set up with lots of choice. Bought a bag load of tackle to take in my suitcase and ended up buying 4 game rods with 2 overhead reels and 2 egg beaters to match and 5 light rods for SP and lures. I stocked up on fishing knives and pliers and other items and because of the size of the rods and the fishing knives organised to have those items posted back to Australia, cant wait to get my hands on them. Bought 4 cool fishing hats which will be handy.

The room in Phuket was crazy and again food and drink was so so cheap. The water was 2m from the back doors and the swim up bar was only another 5m from there. Happy hour was from 2pm till 6pm which made all drinks around $4 Aussie

Cheers all for reading

post-5874-144598808888_thumb.jpg

post-5874-14459880889_thumb.jpg

post-5874-144598808891_thumb.jpg

post-5874-144598808898_thumb.jpg

post-5874-144598808899_thumb.jpg

post-5874-144598808905_thumb.jpg

post-5874-14459880891_thumb.jpg

LOL pic 4 is a classic.

What reels and rods did you end up getting?

two spinning reels

SHIMANO TWINPOWER 8000SWPGA

SHIMANO SARAGOSA 18000F

two overhead reels

SHIMANO TORSA TS 30

PENN INTERNATIONAL 30VSW

Wasnt really sure on the rod brands but the owner was so dam helpful, will have to wait till they get here.

Nice room, you could possibly toss a lure into the pool from you room to test the action :evil: :whistle:

HAHA classic great idea, if only they ha like a little remote controlled boat to ferry my drinks over to the room! I was flicking the lures in the pool at home today getting a feel for the different types

LOL pic 4 is a classic.

two spinning reels

SHIMANO SARAGOSA 18000F

two overhead reels

SHIMANO TORSA TS 30

PENN INTERNATIONAL 30VSW

Wasnt really sure on the rod brands but the owner was so dam helpful, will have to wait till they get here.

Nice. You will love the Torsa. Great allround offshore reel. Especially for jigging.

hmmm I wouldve tried flicking some lures and hoping to hook some bikini strings :whistle:

considering a few girls forgot the bikini top :woohoo: and that was the resort. It was full on down on the beach no one was wearing tops.......... sorry guys no photos tho

LOL pic 4 is a classic.

two spinning reels

SHIMANO SARAGOSA 18000F

two overhead reels

SHIMANO TORSA TS 30

PENN INTERNATIONAL 30VSW

Nice. You will love the Torsa. Great allround offshore reel. Especially for jigging.

Yea I know!!! im so excited I cant wait to get my hands on this gear

Archived