Green zones working

tugger

It'd be good if the ABC provided a link to where we could download a pdf of the report.

Words are cheap and I note there is already conflict between what the fella said in the news item and what was being told to us about Moreton Bay.

This is what the place will look like if the Greens aren't crucified at the next election -

post-564-144598810029_thumb.jpg

Not much detail in that story. And in my opinion, to show that green zones are necessary they would have to show that locking people out was the only way to keep the marine life from disappearing. Still its good to see that there is some justification being sought for the current management style.

what i take from that is that there is now an abundance of fish within green zones, which by thier own logic should mean that we should be now allowed to fish them and be locked out of the fishless areas so that these barren grounds have some time to recover

what i take from that is that there is now an abundance of fish within green zones, which by thier own logic should mean that we should be now allowed to fish them and be locked out of the fishless areas so that these barren grounds have some time to recover

im not a greey but

we could always sit outside the greenzones and berly the fish out from that area cus if they say its no longer green zone and we moved it to another spot people will use it as an excuse to still fish the new area and say we didnt no it had changed.

take peel for example its not that big of a green zone and if the fish do relocate only within the 5km as mentioned in the report then that becomes a very large area to fish. just saying :)

Archived