Anyone a concreter or builds carports

Anhie

depends how custmom the carport is if you design and make it your self you will need structual engineers aproval for the council approval its not hard but its heaps cheaper than going to places like Stratco and the like.

e.g i biult mine from scratch 7.5mtr x 6.5mtr full gable to buy it would cost from Altec 32,000 Strato 13,000

frame work all galvanised, the roof sheets coulerbond $1700

engineers approval $350

council approval $500

bits and pieces $200

i built mine about 5 years ago above prices will have changed but not much more i also saved money cus i did all the steel work myself if you now how to weld its easy i painted mine but would reckomend powder coating instead only becouse paint doesnt like to stick to galvanised steel to well

i will try to post a pic

any questions p.m me

Coll

its a rather simple process to build a structurelike what you wana build ahnie. not sure what you mean by customise it? as in mega huge/ under floor safes/ chemical area with bund walls to contain spills? what size ya talkin

first- design the layout and overall design of the structure keeping with in your local council hight restriction. is it to be free standing or attached to an egsisting structure or dwelling in some way?

2nd- the position of the structure and all earth works cant alter or change a natural water course(natural flow of the land)by redirecting it with out aproved drianage and you cant just sudenly decide that ya nieghbour can cop some of the run off.drainage is a big issue!

3rd-choose the material the structure is to be built out of as the engineer needs to know what method it will be attached to a ground slab and from here an engineer will know what ground work are to be done.The engineer will either design a slab that is so ova kill in steel prep work and might even ask that it a stronger MPA concrete(strength) or he will come up with a slab designed to move and crack in a controled manor.

hey one other thing a shed just aint a shed. all these diferant mobs out there use diferant grade steel and this is what alters the outcome of the cost of the shed kit as each shed company uses there own methods of building and free standing a shed.each and every style of shed has been designed and engineered to meet aus standards. there is such a thing as over engineering and in turn it creates weaker points in a structure.

i have had first hand experience working for ranbuild/totalspan/titan.

total span shed use the thickest material and as a result theres minamal roof support(less top hats which is a shed word for a battern) completly bolted and teckscrew

titan are probly the best in a portal design if you ever intend on using the frame for lifting as they are welded truss and minimal bolts they do how ever use a lighter guage roof steel which is not a bad thing cause you get more top hats supporting the roof.

ranbuild are up there with a titan but have slightly diferant design in the way they attatch to the ground slab with stirips. the ranbuilds standard trusses can achieve a much larger span,I did a slab the other day and a single standard span was 18mtrswideX30m long

hope it helps

Archived