Goldy and Reddcliffe Breaming

dan25

Gday guys

With Uni holidays starting this week, Justin (sunnydays) and myself hit up the Gold Coast to chase the bream in amongst the canals, on tuesday. Still plenty of fish right up the backs of canals, and the bream still seem to be cruising the shallow flats between pontoons when the suns up. Although, we found the majority down deeper under pontoons and jetties.

We fished from about 7-2, and managed a solid bag each with Justin smashing it up with 8 or 9 legals ranging from 24-30.5Fl I think, and myself with around 7 legals. The fish were caught on a range of lures and techniques, but as usual the plastics dominated, with Ecogear Bream prawns, gulp shrimp and minnows doing most the damage. We also had some success with throwing Atomic Hardz and Cranka shads into the shallows and over rocky outcrops.

P1010037.jpg

P1010041.jpg

Last night around 10ish, the decision was made for us to chase the bream again today, Due to the awesome whether forecast, this time the plan was to hit the reefs around Scarborough. I had to work early, so we had a late start getting on the water around 10ish, although it didn't seem to matter much. We headed stratight to some reefs about 1km from the launch, and began throwing a mix of hardbodies over the shallow reefs prodominatly. Justin hooked up within minutes to a solid fish on a SX48 slowly rolled over a rocky reef. Turned out to be a 29Fl bream I think?. I was next on too a solid legal taken on a Austackle Sakana Crank.

P1010044-1.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010049.jpg

P1010072.jpg

For the next hour or two, we peppered all the little reefs with hardbodies and Damaki Armershads managing another 2 or 3 legals each. We considered leaving the open reefs for some inshore stuff, but had another crack at a few isolated reefs nearby before we left... The bite had slowed down a bit, but I plotted away with the Sakana and got smashed in about a foot of waters. Pretty Intense fight on the 3lb, but the peddles did the job perfectly chasing the bream down and staying on top of the fish, to eventually keep his head up and in the net.. Went a fraction under 33FL. :)

P1010081.jpg

P1010050.jpg

P1010077.jpg

The wind had picked up a bit at this stage, so we headed back to some in-closer reefs. The decision didn't really pay dividence with a few pike and no bream. At this stage, we were happy how we had gone with both of us getting our bags of 5, so we called it a day..

Thanks for the day Justin.

Cheers

Dan

Archived