Sunshine Beach tips and tricks req.

MoparKevUk

Most likely dart closer in and tailor further out.

Dart with GP rod using a running sinker above a mono trace about a foot long. Target the edge/sides of the gutters with sand worms, pippies, prawns.

Tailor on the surf rod in the gutters (back one if there is one you can get to). If you can find the exit that's the best spot imo. Use pillies with a rig that locks the sinker between two swivels on 6 inches of line, then a trace 2 or 3 foot long. I prefer ganged hooks sized suitable to the bait.

I'm assuming this is a casual fish out the front of accommodation.

If you want to travel, probably the best spot is where Castaways Creek meets the ocean back towards Coolum/Peregian.

If you're insane you can try the headland too for a whole variety of big and small fish. Being over 40 and with a wife and kids I'm sure you're not keen on that :lol:

Hey Brian!

Thanks for the concise tips! Correct on the casual fish aspect, set up and get visited by the Missus and Boy until it gets too cold for 'em! (Fully aclimatised Poms feeling the bitter QLD winter!) Would love to get into something sizeable for the Boy, but ho hum, not the season, eh? Out of interest, why the line locked sinker? Will report back next week!

See ya soon! x

It keeps your sinker with the bait, otherwise you can find the sinker sinks (haha) into the sand and your line feeds out further and further which will dull the bite sensation.

I have done this with a float before but I wish I had thought of this on the beech before now.be good for casting too :)

Hi mate

I have stayed at Sunshine Beach in January and May this year and fished both times. I put a report up in January if you do a search. Plenty of little dart in the close in gutters but nothing of any size. Did catch one keeper whiting.

You can cast alongside the rocks at the northern end of the beach. Good variety there - as well as dart I caught bream, moses perch, flathead and even a grass sweetlip all on worms/pippies.

You can collect pipies on the beach.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Chris

post-811-144598819644_thumb.jpg

Archived