Wanted cheap sinkers and a boat rod for my TLD20

thriller

Hey everyone, I am after sinkers size 5-10 ball and some snapper leads for my bait jigs etc as the Cobia have been cleaning me up! anyone have a sinker making mate etc?

I took a mate for a fish and he high sticked a big cobia with the drag lever past strike, sadly that was the last of that rod. (a blessing cos it wasn't matched well to the braid and drag settings I was using)

I was wondering if anyone had a cheap rod to suit my TLD 20 with 50lbs braid, to be used for trolling and live baiting?

I live on the northside.

Thanks everyone

I had enough paying the rich prices for sinkers myself not long ago so I bought some moulds and borrowed a few and made up a heap.

Due to lead poisoning risks it is not a thing I want to do too often so I only make them for myself but if you want to save some dollars give it a go. The moulds pay for themselves real quick and lead is only

$2 kg

I had enough paying the rich prices for sinkers myself not long ago so I bought some moulds and borrowed a few and made up a heap.

Due to lead poisoning risks it is not a thing I want to do too often so I only make them for myself but if you want to save some dollars give it a go. The moulds pay for themselves real quick and lead is only

$2 kg

Where do you get your lead from Greenmachine. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting on another cobia report now! ;)

I get lead from a scr*p metal dealer at Molindinar near the tip, Herbertson st I think. I use old roof flashing (wouldnt recommend old batteries) Dont know where to get it in Brisbane, not all dealers sell to the public. Ask Ross(Rosstrailia) he gets his from Brisbane somewhere

Waiting on another cobia report now! ;)

I get lead from a scr*p metal dealer at Molindinar near the tip, Herbertson st I think. I use old roof flashing (wouldnt recommend old batteries) Dont know where to get it in Brisbane, not all dealers sell to the public. Ask Ross(Rosstrailia) he gets his from Brisbane somewhere

scotts metal at the gabba sell lead to public B)

Archived