XXXX Island, here we come!

Greenmachine

One hell of a top mate of mine just won a trip to XXXX Gold Island

for him and 3 mates and guess what, I'm one of the mates! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ0zv0LMQ2o

No Women allowed, just fishing, drinking, eating, fishing, some more drinking followed by a bit of fishing! :lol::P:)B)

We are going in December for 3 days and apart from making this post to brag and rub it in, I was wondering if anyone has fished the area and what is on offer? The area being Pumpkin Island 13.8 kms off Yeppoon.

Ps Thanks heaps Roardy AKA "Captain Coomera" Your a bloody legend!

fantastic win!! i fished it in march and caught some great coral trout in the shallows of pumpkin island(aka XXXX Island) here is some tips, 7in jerk shads 1/2oz 7/0 xh tt jig heads, 40-60lb fluro leader. cast over the coral edges of the island and as soon as the lure hits the water start winding with a high rod tip and get ready to be owned lol i will be up there in september fishing 9 days straight around pumpkin, sloping, square rocks, great keppel , child, and what ever other areas we discover. here is a pic from xxxx island

this one from the shallows

post-4300-144598826712_thumb.jpg

this one from the deep side at the front of pumpkin

post-4300-144598826717_thumb.jpg

Nice Wes, thanks for the tips. They look like they would go great on a bbq with a xxxx gold! XXXX have said there will be fishing gear on the island for us to use but we can bring our own if we want. Thinking that may be a good idea cause u dont know what their interpratation of fishing gear is. Though by watching their tv ads like the one sling shotting the bait out it could be very interesting :silly:

Was thinking of taking a 15lb rod and a 40lb rod. Plenty of plastics, poppers,slugs and some xraps.

Archived