Trailer / boat alarms, what to get???

BassTracker

After trying to find a Cuda alarm everywhere, (BCF dont seem to stock them anymore and the website doesnt work) I was wondering if anyone knew of a similr set up.

Basicaly the cuda tech srews to the trailer, has its own batteries and even if you lean on the boat it goes off.

Heres a video of it, if someone has one they want to sell or knows of a similar product I really appreciate it.

Brad

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXwTOKqA3uk

You could use any basic car alarm with two sensor inputs such as a mongoose m60, add a microwave sensor which will pick up movement within an adjustable radius and pair it with a viper electronic tilt sensor. Parts would be around $350 at a guess....... I'll ask my fitter when I see him on Monday if he knows of a marine/better option.

look at the Jaycar GPS tracker, I keep thinking of buying one and I use a wheel lock for show, I also bought a battery alarm for inside the boat for overnight parking with a movement sensor its not too bad and makes enough noise to attarct attention I think the GPS Trackers are the way to go the Cuda probably wasnt loud enough.

Thanks guys, Its more of a deterent, The boat and trailer are insured, I thought the cuda was good because if someone tries to pinch the trailer at the ramp it may be enough to scare them off and at home if someone tries to climb in and pinch something they'll do a runner with me hot on their heels haha. Just dont want to spend 500 on a big system, id like something with its own power source.

Looks like Cuda must have gone out of business, no response from their number and the website doesnt work, they also dont seem to be stoked anywhere.

I like maxs idea and aslo the motorbike alarms should be pretty sensitive to movement.

Thanks guys

Archived