Upper Brissie River Bassin', Sunday 2nd September

Ash

Hello All,

Ill be heading down stream from the Mt Crosby Wier for some open Bass Season fishing! Yay!

If anyone has a yak and wants to join in, feel free to come along. Ill be launching from the The wier itself, then heading down past the no fish zone. Im looking at hitting the water just before the sun comes up.

Hopefully Ill have some good pics to show.

Cheers,

I CAN"T WAIT FOR THE BASS SEASON TO OPEN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

both are easy, but I always do better down from the Old wier.

That being said, I have fished right up up the upper upper river, I'd be keen for that too.

Still reckon it is much easier accessing the old Weir from colleges up, would you be keen on a session up below Wivenhoe wall instead?

both are easy, but I always do better down from the Old wier.

That being said, I have fished right up up the upper upper river, I'd be keen for that too.

Still reckon it is much easier accessing the old Weir from colleges up, would you be keen on a session up below Wivenhoe wall instead?

Keen on that Ant.

Ill be in for that for sure.

Also, the old wier is just below the new Mt Crosby wier. Shorter distance from the new wier to old, compared to colleges to old wier im pretty sure.

Either way.

Def looking forward to below The Big W for sure. Will have to touch base as to where to launch from up there. Havent fished that far up yet.

Just wondering, when do the Bass start running back up the river? If the close season stops 1st September, does that mean they start heading back up early to mid Ausgust?

hahaha you made me laugh. the basss cant go any where when there are stupid wiers in the way restricting there access to the brackish water,I cant see the point in a closed season above the wiers.Oh and yes there schooling up big time right now in the river around mogil section,iam not the only one thats on to it the men in grey suits are too and there feasting like theres no tomoro

Just wondering, when do the Bass start running back up the river? If the close season stops 1st September, does that mean they start heading back up early to mid August?

Yes if not earlier. They will congregate at the top of pools, below weirs etc because its as far as they can go. Makes them sitting ducks.

Many people target them in these areas early September where legal.

Will let you know the plan at a later date, I'll talk to Milan about it on Sunday. What sort of kayak do you have Ash? I am not too sure when they start moving back upstream, not all fish move down to breed so there is always fish there.

Got a little baby viking Nemo

Will let you know the plan at a later date, I'll talk to Milan about it on Sunday. What sort of kayak do you have Ash? I am not too sure when they start moving back upstream, not all fish move down to breed so there is always fish there.

Got a little baby viking Nemo

Sweet, I'll carry yours and you can carry mine :whistle: :lol:

lol, nah I think ill stick to mine! One of the reasons I love the Nemo, it only weighs 20 kg. May not cut through the water or chop as smoothly as its bigger brothers, but its a lot easier to transport!

Also, changed the name of the thread to show what date Im available.

Bring it on bass!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived