TUGGER knows nothing about fishing!

kreel

Tugger, i thought the costs and cleaning were givens to be honest mate! And now Kreel has given us tips on getting days off, that has been sorted with the boss also. Finally, got a cupboard full of duty free 'Makers Mark'... Plenty to share around, hopefully make it over for a bit to Blakesley's, be good to meet a few of the AFO characters!

GL toonie.

Bourbon is the right bribe but honestly to just offer to help with costs is the best way as its not cheap doing offshore trips and being able to put aside the whole day as there is filleting and cleaning gear at the end of the day goes along way with anyone here offering deckie spots

I put up deckie spots on the forum regularly you just got to keep an eye out for them

I will be racing you toonie to get one of these deckie spots!!! Might need to appraoch with some form of bribe, otherwise known as Rum...

I have a big old noisy tinnie that rattles and bangs like a dunny door on a public toilet.

I have an old 2 stroke motor thats loud enough that your ears are ringing at the end of the day and it belches oil and smoke in the water that you can see the slick from space.

I don't use electronics at all only wet the finger and hold up in the air to get my position and drift right.

My fishing gear is the cheapest you find in the fishing section at kmart. One of my old rods was handed down to me from my father and he got it from his father before him.

I use stinky old bait and try to catch it myself, to avoid any cost what-so-ever and the mono-filment line i use i have to find in antique stores as everybody has been sucked into the biggest con in the fishing world that its braid or nothing.

So its down to the fish whispering that i do that you have forgotten since you have fished with me last Baden and you're not using enough four letter words on them dam fish.

Gee I could have written that, I guess I fit into that dinosaur class as well :lol: But bourbon is where I draw the line, thats crazy stuff. Rum is much betterer :woohoo:

The almanacs you can pick up in any bait and tackle store they are the same size as the tide guides and knowing what you are doing just comes from experience and i was lucky enough to have some great fisherman show me the ropes 30 yrs ago

Fantastic Report. Thanks for the enteraining reading.

Goes to show that 5% of fishermen do catch 95% of the fish.

Well done lads its great to see there are plenty of fish out there if you know what you are doing.

Where do you get your almanac from tugger?

Going to have to have a yarn to you about your rigs at the social mate, your always cleaning up, love that your doing it old school. I just got in the crap from my old man for loading on of his reels up with braid to see how he likes it, he said take it off, i wont like it haha,

Yeah Brad i use gamagatsu 6/0 circle hooks and a small ball sinker on 30lb mono line no trace and i'll show you the rest at the social

The almanacs you can pick up in any bait and tackle store they are the same size as the tide guides and knowing what you are doing just comes from experience and i was lucky enough to have some great fisherman show me the ropes 30 yrs ago

Well done lads its great to see there are plenty of fish out there if you know what you are doing.

Going to have to have a yarn to you about your rigs at the social mate, your always cleaning up, love that your doing it old school. I just got in the crap from my old man for loading on of his reels up with braid to see how he likes it, he said take it off, i wont like it haha,

Yeah Brad i use gamagatsu 6/0 circle hooks and a small ball sinker on 30lb mono line no trace and i'll show you the rest at the social

I too have been partial to one o these informative tutorials, you'll definately be in your way to a better box after it!! :)

For anyone that's still watching. I just got the other decky - Brendan's photos.

This is the Spangly that lost on a technicality (being eaten) to a shark.

post-2889-144598845576_thumb.jpg

And we offered all these fish the option of coming to dinner with us or returning to the ocean, none spoke up so we assumed they were interested in a meal.

post-2889-14459884559_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...

Archived