Boat Rock and Brissy River sessions

ryanyoung

G'day All,

Headed out with BJ (Regulated), as a part of the armada that visited Boat Rock. Didn't have a great deal of luck around the rock, however managed to bag out on mahi mahi during a little side trip.

post-5695-144598847568_thumb.jpg

post-5695-144598847579_thumb.jpg

Had a thoroughly enjoyable day, fishing new grounds, and getting new species, including mac tuna on slugs and my first dollie.

Thanks very much for the invite BJ, had an awesome time.

Today, I went out for a trip in the river with Rob Searing, and had a blast. We took Rob's boat out, which is a dream to fish from, and hit up some rock walls around the river. I managed to get two fish in the boat before Rob had managed to rig up, a smallish bream and this cod...

post-5695-144598847588_thumb.jpg

(Can someone ID what sort of cod it is please?

After a bit more work, I soon had my fourth fish, and things were looking a bit grim for Rob, until he hooked up to this beaut tailor...

post-5695-144598847598_thumb.jpg

post-5695-144598847607_thumb.jpg

And soon enough, I was starting to sweat, as Rob pegged the lead back to one with a couple of bream in a short period. At one stage, I had four consecutive bust-offs (I was fishing 10lb and 10lb), which was frustrating, and interspersed with this, Rob got two bust-offs. These fish were unstoppable on our gear, with only speculation to show.

It was getting on, and last cast was soon called, at which time I hooked up to a critter that peeled line.....Straight back into his hole, and regardless of what I could do, he stayed there, before finally wearing my leader through.

All up, it was an enjoyable day, and although only eight fish were landed between us, it had the potential to be an outstanding day given the seven bust-offs we had during the morning.

All fish caught (and released) using Pontoon 21 hard bodies and Damiki Armour Shads.

Anyway, that is about it from me, and I look forward to our next outing Rob, thanks for having me on board.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Few nice sessions man.

You guys cleaned up on the dollies. I wish i went wave rider too but oh well. We presisted on snapper all day but couldnt find them.

Were you fishing light in the morning for the jelly tuna? I could see the bend in your rod at the bait grounds. i lost count how many we had in the esky by end of day. Good bait.

Did you guys get any hits in the bay? They were going nuts when we got back. They hit really small plastics.

Im craving for a river fish so bad lol. Might go when i have the electrics in my boat sorted. I might be going boat rock Wenesday again. You can come along if you want. Got spot.

Shane

Few nice sessions man.

You guys cleaned up on the dollies. I wish i went wave rider too but oh well. We presisted on snapper all day but couldnt find them.

Were you fishing light in the morning for the jelly tuna? I could see the bend in your rod at the bait grounds. i lost count how many we had in the esky by end of day. Good bait.

Did you guys get any hits in the bay? They were going nuts when we got back. They hit really small plastics.

Im craving for a river fish so bad lol. Might go when i have the electrics in my boat sorted. I might be going boat rock Wenesday again. You can come along if you want. Got spot.

Shane

I was fishing a 1-3kg rod on those tuna mate, got four or so, as well as a sore wrist lol. No hits in the bay, a bit timid I reckon. Unfortunately I am back at work Monday Shane, so won't get a midweeker in for quite a while. Thanks for the offer though

Ryan.

G'day All,

Headed out with BJ (Regulated), as a part of the armada that visited Boat Rock. Didn't have a great deal of luck around the rock, however managed to bag out on mahi mahi during a little side trip.

[attachment=54929]DSCF0638.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=54930]DSCF0640.JPG[/attachment]

Had a thoroughly enjoyable day, fishing new grounds, and getting new species, including mac tuna on slugs and my first dollie.

Thanks very much for the invite BJ, had an awesome time.

Today, I went out for a trip in the river with Rob Searing, and had a blast. We took Rob's boat out, which is a dream to fish from, and hit up some rock walls around the river. I managed to get two fish in the boat before Rob had managed to rig up, a smallish bream and this cod...

[attachment=54931]DSCF0643.JPG[/attachment]

(Can someone ID what sort of cod it is please?

After a bit more work, I soon had my fourth fish, and things were looking a bit grim for Rob, until he hooked up to this beaut tailor...

[attachment=54932]DSCF0645.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=54933]DSCF0646.JPG[/attachment]

And soon enough, I was starting to sweat, as Rob pegged the lead back to one with a couple of bream in a short period. At one stage, I had four consecutive bust-offs (I was fishing 10lb and 10lb), which was frustrating, and interspersed with this, Rob got two bust-offs. These fish were unstoppable on our gear, with only speculation to show.

It was getting on, and last cast was soon called, at which time I hooked up to a critter that peeled line.....Straight back into his hole, and regardless of what I could do, he stayed there, before finally wearing my leader through.

All up, it was an enjoyable day, and although only eight fish were landed between us, it had the potential to be an outstanding day given the seven bust-offs we had during the morning.

All fish caught (and released) using Pontoon 21 hard bodies and Damiki Armour Shads.

Anyway, that is about it from me, and I look forward to our next outing Rob, thanks for having me on board.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Got busted off a reefed a few times on wedensday at the mouth fishing with 6lb and 12lb leader.

great catches mate. wish i had the same luck today haha. almost had a donut. an undersize flatty saved me at the end lol

Archived