Cherry popping Jelly Beans!! With a kicker.

JarrydA

Now i have your attention :lol:

Today Ted, Myself and his boys made our way offshore for what would turn out to be quite a trip.

We left Viccy Point ramp at the leisurely time of 8pm and crossed an almost flat SPB.

We decided to head out towards boat rock, as we were heading out we witnessed some amazing wildlife including a pod of Pilot Whales some of which were comletely breaching the water! :woohoo: Was a great sight to see!

As we made our way out conditions only got worse :pinch: Swells of 1.5 - 2.5meters and SW winds at least 15-20kts, but we weren't going to let this deter us! First up we decided to chase some tuna to finally pop my cherry, and that i did!

In the few hours to come we chased schools of small Mac Tuna , "Jelly Beans" as ted called them. No size but still great fun, filling the esky for bait and some for a feed of sashimi :cheer: .

After this we decided to make a move and float some baits around Boat Rock and Middle Reef. After a constantly losing baits to pickers and catching scorpion cod we decided to go and try and find some big Tuna.

We drove around for a while keeping an eye out but there didnt seem to be much action, while we were crusing we noticed some nice underwater structure and ted made the call, "Lets just drop a bait here, may as well". And what a call it was!!!!!!

First drop i hooked up, and this thing had power, BIG headshakes, i called it for a big Snap, and i was spot on! :woohoo:

After a few minute fight this beast surfaced.

post-10420-144598848947_thumb.jpg

78cm and a new PB for me :cheer:

A few minutes later ted mentions that he wouldnt mind catching on of those big Spanglies that get around out there... Guess what?

Not 2 minutes had passed and he hooked up! after a good fight ted landed his new PB spanglie going 64.5cm.

post-10420-144598848957_thumb.jpg

After this drift i was reefed twice in a row :(

Ted then hooked up to another beast and handed the reigns over to Dec only to have the men in grey suits decide they wanted the fish more than us :ohmy: Id also like to note the amount of sharks we saw crusing the surface was incredible, including a 6ft+ hammerhead that came up right near the boat.

After this things went quiet and it was getting late so we decided to head home.

We saw some schools of Longies busting up after we got back through the bay, but in typical bay tuna fashion, wanted nothing to do with us.

So we headed back to clean the fish and bag the bait.

My First tuna...... :whistle: *note, this was one of 20+ that i caught, so im going with my new quantity over quality rule :P

post-10420-144598848964_thumb.jpg

The esky

post-10420-144598848969_thumb.jpg

Was a fantastic day in the water and cant wait for the next. Cheers ted for the trip!

Thanks for reading.

Archived