PR knot vs FG knot

shortie

Who uses what knot to tie haevy leader 200lb to heavy braid 80lb plus.

Just trying to keep my options open for the upcoming reef trip.

Still wondering who i can hand the rod over to when my arms are stretched to far and my fitness gives out.

If its Gary C i think we will have to decided what knot we will use to tether him to the boat with

I use the PR knot, bit of pain in the @ss to tie on the boat when it's bobbing around but I like it nice and neat. The FG knot is just as good but it take me longer to tie that than the PR knot with the bobbin.

I even use it to tie pe2 to 50lbs leader when light jigging cause it passes throught the guides so nice and smoothly.

PR.....................................

but evan better, what i do is a wind on.....

bimini twist the braid and then attach the wind on.... i usually have 10 premade wind ons in my tackle box at any one time. to attach the wind on bimini, use a cats poor... very easy knot

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tezh4McgNTA

/>http://www.marinews.com/bait-presentation/bimini-cats-paw-splice/202/

Who uses what knot to tie haevy leader 200lb to heavy braid 80lb plus.

Just trying to keep my options open for the upcoming reef trip.

Still wondering who i can hand the rod over to when my arms are stretched to far and my fitness gives out.

If its Gary C i think we will have to decided what knot we will use to tether him to the boat with

Excellent point! I sure do hope that the boats have high sides, I was nearly pulled off of the boat on "Fish the Deep" off of the Goldie so I can only imagine what the monsters up North are going to do to me. Absolutely can not wait!

Like Mark, I use the FG knot because I do not have a bobbin but the end result is pretty much the same between the two.

How prone are you to motion sickness? The reason Im asking is because we have a mate who always get sick while tying the PR knot with the bobbin whereas Im able to tie the FG while looking out into the horizon. This can be a big thing especially on a rough day.

Like Mark, I use the FG knot because I do not have a bobbin but the end result is pretty much the same between the two.

How prone are you to motion sickness? The reason Im asking is because we have a mate who always get sick while tying the PR knot with the bobbin whereas Im able to tie the FG while looking out into the horizon. This can be a big thing especially on a rough day.

HAHAHA that's why you have me out with you, I get to finish off his knots while he makes a burley trail out the side :sick:

Archived