how easy is this soft plastics caper

bulldogs195461

very tongue in cheek comment above,reaping the rewards of many questions asked here and my session with brad smith several months ago,left toowoomba at 4am to fish the coomera land-basedand landed the following in 2hrs all on 3inch powerbaits ,bloodworm scales with tt 1/8 jigs,can someone tell me what the wierd looking fish is please,im pretty sure the one with the spot is a trevally i actually caught the poor bugger twice the bigger flattie went 40cm.just to stop me getting a big head i switched to a hardbody for practice and promptly lost my $15 lure up a tree,lol cheers john

post-8493-144598854845_thumb.jpg

post-8493-144598854859_thumb.jpg

post-8493-144598854869_thumb.jpg

post-8493-144598854875_thumb.jpg

Yeah they're good to eat but I usually chuck em back cos I've got a soft spot for them. Flatties on the other hand.............

haha im the same. i got reefed by a big sucker today in brissie river fought him for about 10 min and finally spat the hook as i got him out of the reef. was sooo annoyed. second time thats happened to me there

it was a damiki vault,one thing i found was when i switched to the vibration lure,was after i tried to go back to the sps i didnt have the touch i had before i changed ,anyone else find this or is it my imagination,i put it down to just needing the experience,from switching around.john

It's just a bit of experience to change that mate, the other option would be to take a couple of rods out, and have one for each artificial ie: softs and hards, this might help.

Good session there, I imagine the confidence has been boosted quite a bit by it.

Ryan.

Archived