Gold Coast Session

cameronh

Well after around 6 months of not wetting a line due to work keeping me at bay and my deckie being sent o/s for work, I was desparate to get out on the water and just simply enjoy the day. So I went with the old faithful Gold Coast. I gave my mate Thomas at Coastal Sportfishing a call and made the booking for my bro that was back from o/s for a week and myself.

With the weather perfect again, our hopes were high, we hit the water at 6 and head out to the broadwater, the salmon were running again according to Thomas and we saw a few bust ups, but they were getting a bit finicky with a few boats chasing them around. We soon gave up on them, and decided to go chase some bream on our light gear before the tide change. We caught a couple, but decided not to keep any as our target for the day were Jewies.

So once the tide changed we head off back to the seaway and started a nice drift, things didnt happen for a while but then I had something take my placky, but it didn't feel like normal jewie bite, it was more of a gulp? So I decided to strike and set the hook, then bang, reeel goes screaming, GAME ON!!! I've been waiting months to hear that noise again. After a five minute fight up pops a nice Jew. Put her on the mat and handshakes around, she measures in at 79cm. Dinner sorted!

IMG_0503_zps6f51e976.jpg

We played around with themm for the rest of the day, but only kept the one as that was plenty for us. All in all a great day out on the water and can't wait to head back out on the water again soon.

Thanks

Cam

Archived