New tuna outfit help needed

pcsolutionman

as you all have read Ive been busted up by a few tuna, I have a heavy outfit for them but its not suited to throwing the plastics that they have been taking so today I went out and bought a Diawa Tierra 4000, Im going to load it with 20lb fins braid. Im just after a few opinions on a rod that would be suitable for the application. I have about $150 to spend. the rod should preferably be around 7foot 8kg and be able to throw the 5\" plastics on 1/6th - 1/4 heads at them. I had a look at the 5-8kg berkley drop shot today and it looked ok any other thoughts??

Lee

Try the 7 or 8' ones. It is a good rod that can cast 1/4 jigheads far and has landed a 43cm Snapper of Bribie. Where you go from:P .

http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=483

I know I have reccomended this a couple of times, but it is a good cheap rod that won't let you down.

You can find it in Tackle Warehouse, but other places probably have it if you want to have a look at it first.

Lee,

If you want a very high quality graphite 7 footer look at the Pflueger President SP701M 4-7kg or the SP701H 6-10kg. The latter is a very powerful stick, light, fast HMT45 graphite. Useful for everything from flatties to tuna.

For value for money check out the Trion SP4770-1HFT a 7' 6-10kg high modulus graphite stick. MO Tackle has them for $99.

Archived