an idea i thought id share for landbased fishing

Often Debaited

we all enjoy fishing and sometimes we go at night off a wharf or down the park by the water....and generally if you dont have a rod holder we lay our rods down or lean them on something . so when its dark and you know where your rod is but not always watching it ( you could be at the back of the car or ya chattin with a mate) grab a glowie , crack it and slide into the the plastic tube but only half way... then put a slice in the other side (half way through the tube) and attach it to your line next to the bail arm..... now we may not have a noisy drag so we may not notice line coming off the reel but with the glowie you'll notice its not there or you will catch it as it flys off..... because it hits the the first eye.....so next time you do go fishing at night grab a glowie and try it.......see if it does make a difference because it did for me and my mate ...... caught a few more fish than if we didnt do it ..!

hope this helps !

Works well when chasing sharks landbased........sometimes :(

Kurt, Nick and myself were sharking on bribie beach one night and the wind was howling offshore. We wouldnt have heard our drags go off even though an 80w tiagra can growl pretty hard so we kept an eye on the glow sticks. If youve ever been landbased sharking from the beach you'd know it can be a long night and your attention can wander. I think it had only been a couple of minutes between glancing at the glowsticks when we noticed one had dissappeared. By the time we got to the rod about 3/4 of an 80w with 80lb line was out to sea. Was a dam big shark that took it too but by getting so much line on us before we even picked up the rod he had taken himself out over a coffee rock reef and after a few minutes busted us off on the reef. :evil:

Time for someone to invent a bite alarm phone app!

There are bite alarms out there. I haven't tried them before but here's a link to some on ebay.

/>http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2pcs-Carp-Fishing-Fish-Rod-Bite-Sound-Buzzer-Alarm-LED-Light-/181006671702?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a24d69f56#ht_3226wt_1397

If the alarm is nice and loud it should work well.

Archived