How much smaller can they get?!

fenelious

Did a Bass yak session on Saturday arvo. I decided to stick with bibbed hards the whole time, and it paid off, I picked up a handful of little Bass... handful being the operative word!

As I fished upstream I got my first after not too long, a 27cm on an Atomic Hardz Shad 40:

post-4887-144598875263_thumb.jpg

A little further on I got my second, a 25cm on an Ecogear SX 40LC:

post-4887-144598875277_thumb.jpg

Next came this little 22cm model on the same SX 40LC... and I was beginning to think I'd be catching fingerlings by nightfall! Surely they can't get much smaller...

post-4887-144598875294_thumb.jpg

But then they did get even smaller as I got up into the tiger country - close to my smallest ever Bass, 17cm on the SX 40LC!!

post-4887-144598875305_thumb.jpg

This was getting ridiculous, and a little shallow, so I headed back downstream. My little Ecogear SX 40LC was getting a bit hard to see in the fading light so I upsized to an old favorite, a Strike Pro Bass X. Sure enough the Bass started to get bigger again! After all they couldn't get any smaller! This monster measured in at 20cm :cheer:

post-4887-144598875312_thumb.jpg

After dropping a couple of hookups, (one that actually peeled some of the moderately dragged line :ohmy: ), I called it quits as it started to get dark.

When I got home and went to look at the photos I realised I didn't have my $500 photo taking GPS :sick: This is my most valuable piece of kit, not only by its dollar value, but because every time you take a photo it marks the photo as a waypoint on a topographical map with time and date, which means my GPS is a hand held library of where and when all the fish I've caught since I bought it in 2010! My heart sank as I searched frantically.

After a light rain overnight :unsure: , the next morning saw me taking the long drive back to the launch site, hoping and praying....

And there it was in the grass on the track where I'd pulled the yak along to my vehicle. What an incredible relief! Power on - still working no worries. Lucky it's rain and shock resistant.

-Steve.

Archived