What size rod and reel should i get ?

Dimo

I wanna get myself a decent rod and reel for fishing with Lures. I wanna use it land based and in my boat so what size rod and reel should i get, and what line should i put on it. when fishing with HB can you use a snap swival to change the lure quickly or is it best to to straight to line.

Dimitri,

It is a little hard to give you an accurate answer to the rod & reel question without knowing what species you'll be chasing and whether you're looking for a spin or plug outfit.

If you are after bream/flathead sized critters a 2m spin outfit would be a good starting point. Match that to a 30 sized reel and spool it with some 4lb Platypus Super Braid (actually breaks closer to 8lb).

I use snaps for all of my lure fishing with minnows except for ultra-light lures like MinMins. The only snap I trust however, is the Bill Norman Speed Clip. These don't impede the lure action and don't open accidentally.

PM me if you'd like some specific details on model numbers for rods and reels I use.

pick up and feel as many as you can untill you find one thats comfortable differnt hands like different rods i bought a pfluger on special beautifull rod and reel but the grip is too small in my hand and i feel like im going to drop it all the time a bettter fit should meen greater accuracy and better distance longer casting sessions etc;)

Archived