Mullet Fun

JarrydA

After a late night on the orange juice i woke at the crisp hour of 10am with the intent to do absoultely nothing all day. (I had this planned as i assumed i would be hungover) Ted preservative free home brew saved me i think, despite the copious amount of it i drank..

After an hour or so of walking around the house i decided to give ted a call and see what he was up to with the hope that he was out chasing some tillies with the kids. Lucky for me he was, so i headed out to meet him.

I arrived on site and he was in full swing catching 0 :lol:

The tillies werent interested at all. They had already tried bait so i decided to tie on a popper and see how i went.

This method didnt work on the tillies, But my word the mullet loved it, i ended up landing a couple and dropping many more.

So not only my first mullet on lure, it was on a popper to boot :woohoo:

The target species then changed to mullet with everyone landing a few each.

I then left to target a less slimy species aka Bass while ted stayed to catch more mullet.

Was a good little session and was nice to get out in the sun.

Heres some pics.

post-10420-144598886528_thumb.jpg

post-10420-144598886542_thumb.jpg

post-10420-144598886548_thumb.jpg

what was the method to catch the mullet?

just usual popper action or what?

id love to get ahold of some mullet

Just fast pops like you would for whiting at first, which would get the attention of the school, once the school was on the lure it was like all out war with them fighting over it, after that id just do a few rapid winds and id be on!

Archived