Mackeral Fishing

bennyl

If your heading out through the seaway head south and travel 8 km down and you cant miss the boats on the mermaid reef or just jump currumbin ck bar if your experienced enough and hit the palm beach reef again you cant miss the boats. Pilchards work well on mackerel dont forget to use wire i like 27lb single strand and take some bait jigs for live yakkas and slimie mackerel for surface suspended baits. I always take slugs for casting in between when the baits arent getting hit

good luck

Mark

Cheers tugger love your work ill see how i go tomorrow weather permitting hopefully the weather will be okay cheers

If your heading out through the seaway head south and travel 8 km down and you cant miss the boats on the mermaid reef or just jump currumbin ck bar if your experienced enough and hit the palm beach reef again you cant miss the boats. Pilchards work well on mackerel dont forget to use wire i like 27lb single strand and take some bait jigs for live yakkas and slimie mackerel for surface suspended baits. I always take slugs for casting in between when the baits arent getting hit

good luck

Mark

I got snipped fishing plastic in the bay yesterday Tugger, I was near a beacon and there was this massive aggregation of jelly fish... from a distance looked like a bright blue sandbar...

Cast out, let the plastic sink through the jelly fish... Went to start retrieve and there was no weight at al..

Pulled it in and it was cut perectly.

Sounds like a mackerel hit they should be around in numbers soon

I got snipped fishing plastic in the bay yesterday Tugger, I was near a beacon and there was this massive aggregation of jelly fish... from a distance looked like a bright blue sandbar...

Cast out, let the plastic sink through the jelly fish... Went to start retrieve and there was no weight at al..

Pulled it in and it was cut perectly.

Archived