good mangrove jack lures

reeves

For plastics check out the

Fish arrow paddle tails, Zman swimmerz and the zerek live shrimp.

With hardbodies it's hard to go past P21 greedy guts, lucky craft pointers, Smith cherry bloods and OSP Dunks

If ya wana get one on topwater try Lucky craft G splashes and Damiki D pops.

Yep i agree with keen as $9 or $10 isnt really that much for A lure especially when they are rigged weedless they will last along time because they wont get snagged often and you could also only get busted of by a fish so pretty good value for money and they are cheaper than prawnstars .

Prawn Stars last a lot longer than the zereks but the zereks definitely have a killer action and achieve awesome results. I went through 12 zereks up North in October, all achieving decent fish (barra/jack/fingermark) , but they were all destroyed on impact. The weedless rig is hard to beat up there when casting into mangroves.

I guess your right in saying that $9-$10 isn't bad for a lure but if your planning on it lasting for several Jacks I'd reconsider. Either way they are my favourite lure at the moment by far.

The new Ecooda shrimp have been getting me a few in the last few weeks.

It really does change every session what they will take, one day I will kill it on small walkers, next session they wont touch them, tie on a popper and you're in the thick of it again.

They will eat absolutely anything from 38mm cranks up to 100mm+ jerkbaits and big topwater lures, just a matter of finding what they want on the day.

Archived