Brissy Mouth run Sat 01.09.07

Ash

Hey all, Im planning on heading out to the mouth this Sat night for a few hours. Hoping to get some squire or even Jewie if the gods are kind!

Any one got any hints'n'tips for me?Good places to start etc. Also, anyone else heading out there on Sat night?:)

Ash, I've sent you a PM.

I went last night and the river has turned to mud - worse than what it was on Sunday, so you'll definitely have to fish the mouth or further.

My greatest suggestion would be to take a strong peg for your nose and a hanky for over your mouth. The putrid smells all along the river last night were strong enough to kill a brown dog.:sick: I can still smell them this morning.

Awesome! Peg and hanky it is!:P

Hopefully things will clean up by sat!

Hey what is the best weather page to look at for the most current weather situation. I know to go to the weather tab, but where to from there?

I just want to make sure when i check weather just before going out that its up to date.!

That's wierd to hear that the river is really dirty at the mouth at the moment, cause near Indooroopilly it has been really clear and 'clean' for the past few weeks. I went down yesterday and you could see 1M+ into the water. I would have thought it would be muddied all the way up, if it was that muddy at the mouth but there you go.

Joel ;)

pepe66 wrote:

Don't forget that Riverfire is also on Saturday night and the Boat ramps will be chaotic at best

Yeh and if you are coming from upstream past the city, you won't be able to get past the fireworks barges after about 6pm I don't think. They generally cordon sections off by about that time I'm pretty sure.

Joel ;)

it was really clear because the weather formation we were having was pushing a lot of water into it. it's getting muddier now because of all the run off, as pitiful as it might have been. it was nowhere near as muddy as it usually gets after a lot of rain.

Archived