Just moved in

Mosquito Magnet

Hi everyone, name's Ian; just moved up from Newcastle to Nundah.

I basically target anything I can find, fresh or saltwater, generally without much success. Hoping the forum will help me make some friends up here and have some fun fishing.

I prefer lure fishing over bait but I'm not a snob (and sometimes I'm feeling lazy). Still trying to catch my first fish on soft plastics (apparently the fish don't care how many forums posts and videos I watch, they're not turning up when I'm around!).

If anyone wants a fishing buddy for a day trip, local expert or out of town newbie, I'd love to tag along (feels a bit lonely fishing on my own). Shore-based or on a boat (although I don't own a boat so I'd be relying on charity).

Thanks for reading and hope the fish are biting for you.

Get get stuck in and read the reports and you will have some clues on the local area in no time.

Also look for the often occurring socials many of the site members host as they are a great way of getting a deckie spot, putting faces to names etc which makes your online experience here better.

Angus

Get get stuck in and read the reports and you will have some clues on the local area in no time.

I get terrible boat envy reading the fishing reports. But I do check them out.

Where are social events normally listed? I was going to join a fishing club but there seems to be a conspiracy to put all meetings on the three nights a week I can't go.

Welcome aboard.

Stay active on the forum and you will have some new fishing buddies in no time.

The Social Group can be found under the "Groups" tab. Roughly every month a particular type or target fishing event is organised by a member or two.

In addition there are generally 4 main comps held each year that are also good for meeting up and or organising a decky spot on a members boat. The next main event is the in second half of February - The Summer Classic. Held at Noosa with a large percentage of competitors camping at Boreen Pt on Lake Cootharaba and hitting the pub for dinner.

Archived