Unwanted phone calls being received by members

bootyinblue

Folks,

Received a couple of messages from people on here reporting that they are receiving unwanted phone calls, silent calls, hang up calls etc mostly between 9pm and 3am.

Advice for people who have received these calls - log a number of dates, times, duration of calls etc and then contact your service provider and ask to speak with the unwanted call section. You might have to be a little assertive to get through to the section.

Below are a couple of links to Testra and Optus.

/>http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2012/07/10/how-to-stop-unwelcome-and-nuisance-phone-calls/

/>http://optus.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/54/~/stop-unwelcome-or-nuisance-calls-%26-sms#Trace_Unwelcome_Calls_

Advice for the person making these calls - You are a member here, you are reading this now. You are committing an offence and with modern technology you will be found out. Blocking your number only hides it from the receiver, it doesnt hide it from the service providers. Once traced, the information can be handed to the Police to be dealt with under several different pieces of legislation.

Knock it off......

Got a few calls a while ago, recorded message that said "go suck a "rooster" " :blink:

So plugged the old mobile in to the charger and left the call connected for a week. I figure their plan was probably free, but at least it tied up one of their lines. Oh and Yep it was still playing after a week! (I only use that mobile when I go fishing)

have not had another call though :whistle:

After a discusion with Angus I had about how to deal with unwarranted remarks on certain posts I was advised to go about it the right way and go the "report to moderator" route. I did this in a polite manner and also a fellow member and freind of mine did the same. The next day my friend recieved a phone call from shortie about the matter. I am sure I would have received a phone call too but I do not have my number publicly out their as my freind does. I would have thought if you go about things the "right way" the person being reported would only know they have been reported but not by whom. I dont think it is in anyones best interest to know this or the right way of going about it by the moderator. Again the "protected species" issue has surfaced. My thoughts are dont bother with "report to moderator" just deal with it your own way.

After a discusion with Angus I had about how to deal with Shorties unwarranted remarks on certain posts I was advised to go about it the right way and go the "report to moderator" route. I did this in a polite manner and also a fellow member and friend of mine did the same. The next day my friend received a phone call from shortie about the matter. I am sure I would have received a phone call too but I do not have my number publicly out their as my freind does. I would have thought if you go about things the "right way" the person being reported would only know they have been reported but not by whom. I don't think it is in anyone's best interest to know this or the right way of going about it by the moderator. Again the "protected species" issue has surfaced. My thoughts are don't bother with "report to moderator" just deal with it your own way.

First of all booty cheers for the information. I have certainly regretted putting my details out there in the past and it is good to know there are means to sort this out.

Greenmachine: What you have informed here has bothered me greatly as only an extremely small few know who makes reports and against whom. As I pass along 0 information (i do not actually get the emails at present I think as a glitch caused by the BFO/AFO transfer) to anyone ever, i will bo looking into this now.

Two completely separate issues there Machine.

These calls are being made during the late night/early mornings by someone on here and that person is not identifying themselves at all.

And yes, I have hit report to mod so as to keep this thread on topic.

Booty: Not that I doubt it in anyway, but is there direct evidence linking the calls to another BFO member?

Two completely separate issues there Machine.

These calls are being made during the late night/early mornings by someone on here and that person is not identifying themselves at all.

And yes, I have hit report to mod so as to keep this thread on topic.

Issue followed up and the perp has been contacted and a warning has been issued. A confession was made so no worries about witch hunt here.

If anyone receives similar sorts of calls (or PM's etc) feel free to report it to one of the admin accounts.

Angus

Archived