lip grip?

Oztrav

So does anyone have one i thinking of getting one for my old man for dads day

so how do you rate em?

I was going for it cause he ussually goes fishing with a 3 year old and his wife and has to do all the work and it reckons that you can un hook and this that and the other one handed

plus it will be good for my little bro to get better photos of fish

I think they are pretty good mate. Allows you to stick 'em in a fishes mouth, like you would your thumb and finger - except it doesn't matter if they have teeth!

They are great, and well worth the $$$ I think. Plus depending on which ones you get, they aren't that expensive either!

second that terry, they are great, just make sure you have th tether around your wrist when gripping a fish or like me you could loose a pair over the side :( lol

I lost a pair still attached to a snappers mouth , poor feller if he survived he is now the strongest swimming fish around.

PS if anybody catches a snapper around the 55cm mark with a set of lip grippers as jewlery there mine

Lee

They are brilliant.

BCF (whom I normally wont do business with) have a deal on - lip gripper and large curved pliers together for $40. Fathers day special - top buy (I use one or the other to hold fish). I gave plenty of hints, unfortunately seems to have fallen on deaf ears!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/08/31 20:18

I can't remember the name of the place that I got them, but there are plastic pliers that are really really good. They float, grip fairly tightly, have a cutting blade in the middle for mono/braid and they never rust! Never ever, leave them in a bucket of saltwater for years and there is nothing that can go wrong with them!

http://www.xtools.us/

Well i'm getting my dad a pair anyway!

Joel ;)

StrikeBack: Welcome to the site. Always nice to see new members post. If it makes sense - I agree to some degree.

Bogagrips are great for lip grippers which can weigh fish/set drags accurately.

But at the same time, for the average fisherman, the typical Berkley lip grippers are great value for money if you just need to grab a fish by the mouth and get a good hold on them.

Hi Terry and all,

I also agree. If you want a tool to just hold the fish's jaw while you remove hooks then copies of the Original BogaGrip are fine but if you want a tool that will last a lifetime, not rust or flex, with a lifetime warranty to boot, will land fish and replace your net, never let go, accurately weigh to IGFA requirements and handle fish safely for you and the fish then BogaGrip is acknowledged by all as having no equal. Now it is sounding like an ad, but as I am sure you know StrikeBack is the distributor of BogaGrip in Australia. If there is an interest from the members I am happy to offer a prize of a BogaGrip so some lucky member can find out what I am talking about

Hi Chubstar,

I can send you a pair of non rusty pliers if you like. :laugh: My view is if you only do a little fishing get the best gear you can so when you do use it again after 6 months it still works and won't let you down. If you fish a lot then enjoy using the highest quality gear every day. I guess if you buy the best you can afford you will get the best fishing satisfaction and long term value for money. These days with such a fast pace of life, enjoy our fishing to the max, and for me that means fishing with the best gear to make the fishing experience even better. Thanks for welcoming me to AFO

StrikeBack, we're talking about a pair of lip grippers, which are $30-40 versus $250/500 depending on the model.

Like I said before, to the average fisherman, a pair of $40 lip grippers provides more bang for your buck than a $250 pair, even if you have to buy the $40 a couple of times.

It's like a car. A Ford will get you from A to B and do the job just fine, which the majority of people will be happy with.

Then a Mercedes will do the same thing, but is better quality, has more perks, and like the Boga's, is more expensive than the others.

Both are targeted at different market segments and meet the requirements of their own segment.

Not having a go at anyone, or any product, I'm just stating that a lot of people wouldn't be able to justify the price of a pair of Bogagrips when the Berkley's will do the job they need.

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/09/01 01:31

Archived