day in lieu - what to do!

benno573

so i have found myself with a day in lieu for tomorrow. I have access to both a kayak and a boat... decisions decisions!

with 15kn N'lys forecast, open and bay waters will be choppy and not ideal for a relaxing day out. So will be targetting somewhere in the more sheltered waters, anywhere from the tweed to mooloolaba.

have had thoughts about kayaking coomera, taking the boat up to bribie, kayaking coochin/ningi/bells ck, kayaking pelican waters, currimundi lake, taking the boat down the pin, just finding a pub and chilling there for the day... so many options!

So if you were in this situation... what would you do?

Give your Boss a pat on the back from me, that's the 1st thing. I have been promised so many days in lieu, finished Q4 bringing in nearly double the sales budget, and still no recognition!

This will likely not help you for tomorrow but if I had a yak, I'd give 'ol Touchy a visit. Ol mate left this earth a few years ago, but there is a sign in the upper reaches of cobby cobby passage. Look at the area between mosquito island and Short island. Getting across the main channel to this area would be the biggest challenge, the northerly whips up a chop all the way from the mouth of the logan. Don't know how capable your yak is, but once inside this area its paradise!

The upper reaches of the Pimpama river is also worth considering.

Good luck

Aquaholic

Give your Boss a pat on the back from me, that's the 1st thing. I have been promised so many days in lieu, finished Q4 bringing in nearly double the sales budget, and still no recognition!

This will likely not help you for tomorrow but if I had a yak, I'd give 'ol Touchy a visit. Ol mate left this earth a few years ago, but there is a sign in the upper reaches of cobby cobby passage. Look at the area between mosquito island and Short island. Getting across the main channel to this area would be the biggest challenge, the northerly whips up a chop all the way from the mouth of the logan. Don't know how capable your yak is, but once inside this area its paradise!

The upper reaches of the Pimpama river is also worth considering.

Good luck

Aquaholic

i know the spot well... regularly fish up that way in the boat on the high tide, probably a little bit of a mission on kayak - perfectly capable yak (hobie outback) but i'm a lazy bugger and about 3km from cabbage tree point is just too much like hard work!

Archived