redcliffe snapper and small black tip reefy

lachrdr

headed out to redcliffe for the first time hoping to chase some squire and bream. launched around 5.30 and headed to some rocks. i was trying out one of those snapper flasher rigs with some squid. after a few minutes line started peeling off. then i saw the fish jumping and realised it was a shark. did quite a few jumps and put up a solid fight. I think i was lucky to land it with no trace. was only small but my first shark and a surprise. sorry for the average photos. shouldnt let the old man be in charge of the camera.

post-9565-1445989069_thumb.jpg

post-9565-144598906907_thumb.jpg

shortly after that my brothers line started to go and he thought he was onto a shark too but it stayed down low and he pulled in a nice snap in the high 40\'s. we were starting to think its gonna be a good day.

post-9565-144598906914_thumb.jpg

the bite went quiet so moved to some other rocks and pulled in a little bream on a rod i\'d found after getting snagged in somerset dam. unfortunately i snapped that rod later in the day but at least it got 1 fish for me

post-9565-144598906921_thumb.jpg

then we managed to pull in a couple of moses perch. one around 27 and one much smaller. another great photo haha

post-9565-144598906928_thumb.jpg

started to get pretty choppy so we called it. all in all a good day. took the snap home for a feed and realeased everything else.

also caught this shovel nose ray in the brissie river the other day so there has been a bit of variety which is always good.

post-9565-144598906935_thumb.jpg

cheers

Lachlan

Archived