Slow day turned red!

Keen-as-fisho

Well as some may know I'm now in Gladstone and I must admit although it doesn't have the same natural beauty as the Whitsundays did I am still enjoying the area. I have had a couple of sessions out in the Harbour and done alright on the Flathead ranging 45/50cm on dusk using P21 Crackjacks.

post-6136-144598932947_thumb.jpg

But mainly the fish just haven't been active for me. Following last weekends session just out wide of Facing Island where I got onto a small patch of Mac tuna I thought I'd head straight out there again this morning.

post-6136-144598932936_thumb.jpg

But that idea was short lived, a mix of to many jd's and a sleepless night didn't help :angry: So any way I made my way up the Calliope River for an explore. Found some great structure but pressed on a bit further and found some rocky ledges which suits my style of fishing better. Here I slow rolled 5 inch fish Arrow Flash J's along side the rocks ranging the depths each cast. I had numerous hits but it wasn't until a cast tight into the bank that a decent Jack smashed it and it was at this point I was glad I broke out the whipper snipper cable :lol:

post-6136-144598932912_thumb.jpg

post-6136-144598932926_thumb.jpg

Apart from the Jack today I mainly hooned around the joint putting hours on the motor, although next weekend I'm sure will sort that out :whistle:

Nice jack Den sounds like you are still having a ball tripping around up north I know the fishing is usually better than down here wait till you get to know the places better with more local knoledge you will be braining them

Cheers Mark, yeah I've got a couple of reefs in close to try out (after easter) so hopefully they'll be winners.

Archived