waders

as i fish landbased and have to trek the edges of rivers,with my gumboots or shorts,i thought its probally an idea to cover more area to look into waders,can you get something that are just a pants and boot perhaps,i see bcf have waders,as i dont fish everyweek i just need something durable and easy to wear,but not going to break the bank balance.cheerrs john

You can get thigh waders which come in only pvc plastic/rubber, then theres chest waders which come in pvc,neoprene and goretex also with different boot types as well.

As a pom fishing in mainly rainy cold conditions i had neoprene and goretex, but they are exspensive but well worth it over there. But pvc are fine here as you do not sweat and get cold as much.

Good for cast netting in winter.

Have a look for thigh waders from a brand called Horne.

They are terrific waders,reasonably light weight and have a soft boot.

A lot of the cheap waders are very stiff and heavy and many have a solid boot which I personally hate,especially if you are wading in slippery streams.

With your waders you are best off getting a size bigger than your normal shoe size.

Reason being gumboots are hard on the feet walking across rocks and boulders and also they are extremely cold when wading cold water during in winter so the bigger size allows you to wear 2 pairs of socks in winter to try and keep some warmth in.

When I fished throughout the snowies for half my life I had a collection of pocket warmers and I would drop those down each leg to help with the bitter cold water that is down there.

Soft boots allow you to better feel the edge of the rocks while wading through the streams and rivers.

Archived