Noosa jacks still biting!

chrislocke

Hi all!

Been fishing a fair bit and thought it was time to post some recent captures!

Baby GT's have well and truly infiltrated the system and captures of 20+ fish in the 35-45cm range are common.

post-8925-144598948813_thumb.jpg

In between the GT's have been heaps of small jewfish which is good to see! I hope one day to catch a legal in Noosa but at my current rate I have no chance :/ This particular model went around 55-60 and pulled well for it's size on the nordic stage/1000 shimano combo.

post-8925-144598948822_thumb.jpg

The other species of fish that I can't seem to get away from at the moment (no complaints here!) is the mangrove jack!

Most jacks I have been catching have fallen to prawn imitation lures such as the gladiator prawns.

post-8925-14459894883_thumb.jpg

post-8925-144598948836_thumb.jpg

post-8925-144598948847_thumb.jpg

post-8925-144598948854_thumb.jpg

Of course, all jacks were released to fight another day!

post-8925-144598948862_thumb.jpg

If you want some info about where,when and how I caught those jacks, swing me a PM and I'm happy to help out!

Great report

Generous offer as well.

I'll have to leave the fresh and have a go at the salt. These sort of reports are a big help when starting out in a new area.

Thanks

Cheers

Wayne

Mate his advice is good as well! The best thing about all the Davo's staff I have met so far is they all genuinely fish and fish hard. I know someone said something like this is a thanks post recently. What is more is that the advice handed out is genuine, accurate information. With someone in the store that indulges in just about any fishing that occurs locally, chances are the right advice is there.

Angus

Great report

Generous offer as well.

I'll have to leave the fresh and have a go at the salt. These sort of reports are a big help when starting out in a new area.

Thanks mate! I get just as much enjoyment out of putting people onto fish as I do catching them! Very rewarding to see your advice get put into action!

Awesome work Chris!

Dam you have given that rod a bloody pounding! No complaints here though that is just awesome!

Ill be up a few times this month so I will be sure to say g'day.

Angus

The rod's handled everything i'd hope it would and more! Make sure you let me know when you come up next!

Nice fish and pictures. Good to see the noosa firing. How do you find the lighter gear for jacks?

Thanks! yeah the light gear certainly brings out the best them that's for sure. to be honest, on a 4-8lb rod you can really get stuck into them, and learning the FG knot for my leaders makes all the difference with knot strength.

Archived