Recent Events in Ipswich and Redcliffe

tomartomau

I have been reading the recent event in Ipswich where a kid has had his friggen fingers blown off by an explosive device! Details are changing by the hour so I won't speculate. Last night no more than 600m down the road (Oxley Ave) two girls were going at it, one produced a knife and started stabbing the other girl repeatedly.

For those like myself who watch the doco's on tele, a week ago on insight was a forum of girls beating each other, perpetuating acts of violence only seen in males!

What is going on, soon we will be unable to take our kids out for a walk without fear of being involved in some sort of dispute.

Definitely some grubs out there!! The girl at reddy was glassed with a broken bottle apparently? Good old skate ramp!

Tony, you wanna keep up to date with the ninganas, google search radio 5-0 scanner if you have an apple product, or www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/8450 if you don't , it's the shizzle!

I am really dismayed at what happened at Ipswich, been a while since the lowlife's surprised me with the depths they can sink to, that has certainly done it.

What a senseless act of violence that is going to cause that poor kid to have a lot lower quality of life than he would have had.

I've not heard about the Redcliffe incident, fairly common violence these days isn't it. It also seems to have much higher consequences than when I was a young fool about town looking for a donnybrook on a saturday night.

Amount of people seriously hurt from just one punch is astounding, perhaps because it is unexpected, no such thing as squaring up for a fair fight now days.

These events confuse and concern me as well, especially as someone working with children, many of whom are special needs. Are things worse? Or is the ratio of population (more people = incidents). Or is it an increased level of media? I do not know but what I do think is...

What the hell are school aged children doing at a skate park at that time? I do not wnt to sound like a prude, but this was a school night right? And well after dark to boot? Come on parents!!!! Parents are still a school aged child's last line of defense in these instances.

As for the Ipswich incident. I cannot fathom the cowardly nature of anyone who would bully an intellectually impaired kid even on a minor scale. I cannot put into words what I think of these kids to be honest but I feel sick thinking of what their parents have to deal with.

Angus

These events confuse and concern me as well, especially as someone working with children, many of whom are special needs. Are things worse? Or is the ratio of population (more people = incidents). Or is it an increased level of media? I do not know but what I do think is...

What the hell are school aged children doing at a skate park at that time? I do not wnt to sound like a prude, but this was a school night right? And well after dark to boot? Come on parents!!!! Parents are still a school aged child's last line of defense in these instances.

As for the Ipswich incident. I cannot fathom the cowardly nature of anyone who would bully an intellectually impaired kid even on a minor scale. I cannot put into words what I think of these kids to be honest but I feel sick thinking of what their parents have to deal with.

Angus

The reddy skate park was a Saturday night, the night before Mother's Day,

I'll still know where my kids are for sure, it'll be in bed at 11pm!

Archived