Feather Tails on HB's

Cowfish13

On some lures, there are tails on the rear treble made out of feathers and sparkly string. For examle River2Sea Bubble pop, Rapala X-rap Shads, etc.

Has anyone had any extra success by leaving the tails on than taking them off? because I rekon that it might make the lure look bigger and therefore less likely to catch the target fish.

Should I leave them on, or take them off?

Thanks

the feathered triples r supposed to act as a extra attractent. sometimes when the fish r shy, the little extra, however, can spook the fish. that's why some lures have them when others do not.

it's better to have a good collection of lures with and without feathered tails so that u can use them in different situations.

however, i found the feathered triple on a popper is definitely a must. some shy fish just come and bite the tail, and i got much more bites when i have feathered triples on.

as well, for bream fishing, as they tend to bite off the tails of the fish before eat them, a naturally colored feather tail can increase some hook up rate as they act like a tail of a baitfish.

just my 2 cents

Archived