Funding For New Toilets at Colmslie

Gad

Received this email today from Cr Suttons` office.

Just goes to show if enough people do get involved and voice their opinions/concerns etc, some things can happen.

Hi Geoff

Thank you for signing the recent petition calling for Brisbane City Council to fund new toilets in Colmslie Recreation Reserve.

I am pleased to advise I have secured $165,000 in the 2013/14 Council budget for this important local project

While the exact timing of this project has not yet been scheduled, it will be completed this financial year (1 July 2013 - 30 June 2014).

As your local Councillor I work hard to make sure our suburbs get their fair share of Council funding. While I am constantly working with Council officers to make sure key local needs are taken care of, I have no doubt the petition you signed assisted me in securing these much needed funds for our local area.

This is a great outcome and I’d like to thank all petitioners who supported me in lobbying for this work to take place. I am delighted to have been able to achieve this result for the benefit of all users of the Colmslie Reserve.

If you would like to discuss this matter further or if there are any other Council issues on which I can be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to call me.

Kind regards

Shayne

Shayne Sutton

Councillor for Morningside Ward

Hopefully the 165,000 price tag, includes better piped in music selection :lol:

re port of bris toilets, there would be a phone number for the councillor of that area,somewhere, ring and tell him your not happy about contiuously unloading in the car/trailer park :blink:

Gad, I think the port toilets are the responsibility of the port authority.

Jeremy, you just need to fish gentlemen's hours. I have never found them locked and they are generally clean.

I have to repair/replace the old shed in the back yard where I keep my tinny. Don't think I will be asking the council for a quote. :unsure:

Hopefully the 165,000 price tag, includes better piped in music selection :lol:

re port of bris toilets, there would be a phone number for the councillor of that area,somewhere, ring and tell him your not happy about contiuously unloading in the car/trailer park :blink:

Just a bit of a joke :)

Three contractors are bidding to build a new toilet at Colsmlie.

One is from Logan, another is from Woodridge, and the third is from Oxley. All three go with a local councilor to examine the job site. The Logan contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

"Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me.

"The Woodridge contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me."

The Oxley contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the councilor and whispers, "$2,700."

The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys!

How did you come up with such a high figure? "The Oxley contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Woodridge to build the dunnies.

""Done!" replies the councilor.

Archived