Boggy Creek Area Kayak Launch

fifis101

Just a quick one guys. I'm thinking of launching the kayak from the Boggy Creek area on the weekend but have just noticed that it's going to be dead low tide when I wanted to get one the water.

Can I launch from the beaches in this area at low tide or would it be a bit of a hike across the sand flats? Am I best to launch from the Boggy Creek boat ramp?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Just a quick one guys. I'm thinking of launching the kayak from the Boggy Creek area on the weekend but have just noticed that it's going to be dead low tide when I wanted to get one the water.

Can I launch from the beaches in this area at low tide or would it be a bit of a hike across the sand flats? Am I best to launch from the Boggy Creek boat ramp?

Any info would be much appreciated.

You wont have an issue launching at the boat ramp at any tide. Even further up is ok but the ramp is easiest.

beaches are fine to launch from, from around half way up to high and half way down to low.

i had the pleasure recently of finding this out the hard way, returning at dead low, and having to trudge through knee/thigh deep mud to get back to firm ground.

launch from the boat ramp, also had a good number of flathead from under the bridge there lately.

Archived