Catching Squid

Brian D

I kinda taught myself, ive fished for them at vicky point, in the shallows around the rocks. we use the cheap squid jigs from big w, and yeah we let them sink and then slowly retrieve them and u as u get it into eye's view let it sink and it willdive on it, when it has its tenticles on it, pull back like theres no tomorrow to set the hooks. this method has worked for me and my mates and we caught 2 squid and these were massive squid like 3 times bigger then the ones angus got at wello.

DAVE

i somtimes go to bribie at night n fish off of som of the jetties. n there are normally lights around the base of the pillons. n where there is alot of light there will b squid. n i get ma cast net out n get it as close to the pillons as possible. there are so many perfect size squid there it isent funni. bait or eating.

Also my uncle toldme that he goes out on his boat at night n finds a nice 3 or so metre stretch with alot of sea weed growing. he tells me if u put a powerful light into a pvc pipen then put it just into the water squid will com from everywhere to investigate. he justs sits there wif a big scope net n gets as many as he requires.

this one took a hard body meant for big pike...under the lights at the loch at bribie.....but yer mate the jigs will get more.....i like to use a glowstick (red if ya can find one) on top of the jig and fish deep in the shadows......squid fishin off the jetties isnt wot it used to be thou :( [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/squid_24k.JPG

Archived