Fraser island help needed

fisherjack1394

hey guys first post on here for a while ;)

in early September myself and approx 10 others, instead of doing our annual rainbow beach trip are extending it out to Fraser island.

as all of us are Fraser virgins i was hoping for a little bit of advice in the camping, fires, fishing(sharks,tailor) departments.

i know on rainbow open fires are permitted but there seems to be a little bit of doubt as to the rules on the great island? also is there any beach camping permitted or do we have to book a campsite for the week? all and any advise would be greatly appreciated

cheers jacko.

Hey Jacko, it been a few years since I was on Fraser but then no camp fires were allowed, you could at that time camp on the beach in certain areas with out pre booking. As for sharks I would not swim out past the breaking surf or in deep gutters there plenty of bities around but won't worry your fishing. Sorry cant offer more but as I said its been a while.

Cheers

Azza

Not really.

Every thing we take is floorboards, fencing, decking etc from construction sites / reno's and get our kindling from a mate who's a shop fitter / chippy... Mind you, we're usually the only camp to follow that rule to a T.

I'd look into getting your camping spot booked soon, it can be busy around that time of the year.

Archived