Shimano Terez 40-80lb rod - thoughts?

kmcrosby78

G'day all, I snapped up a second hand Stradic 8000fi (thanks Lanks!!) on the weekend and now need a rod to match it to. Is likely/possibly going to be used for a few different things including some trolling (depending on how many combos we use/need), offshore plastics, tossing poppers/stickbaits, jigging (perhaps, never done it before) and possibly live baiting. In other words, a bit of everything. I also grabbed a Tyrnos 16 combo so that will be my floatlning combo and will probably be the rod I mostly use offshore.

There is a 40-80lb 6ft9 Terez in good nick second hand for $120 so am assuming this is a decent buy. The Stradic has an empty brand new spare spool and the main spool is loaded with 50lb Sunline PE braid. Does anyone have a Terez rod (the 40-80lb or even lighter as a comparison?). Just wondering if it would be overkill or if it should be a suitable option.

Any other rods that I am likely to be able to pick up second hand for around the same coin that people would recommend? I have to make up my mind on this Terez by tomorrow (am going to take the Stradic with me and chuck it on the Terez to see how it feels in the hand).

Thanks.

Useless for that sized reel mate. A mate has a 40-80 and it barely bends for 12kg spanish. More of a stand and deliver on the reef sorta rod imo

I would find a 20-30lb 7ft6 stick for that reel. I have the 10-30lb terez and it knocks over fish pretty quickly running a 5000 stradic. max drag for that 8000 i think is 13kg so 50lb braid shoulder never bust due to drag setting.

They terez are pretty average for plastics imo, like trying to use a palm frond, no response. good for belting slugs and not worrying about snapping anything, pretty tough rods

Archived