BlueFin 4.25mtr Rougue Delux Side Console

Korny23

Hi Korny

Bluefin are a good boat, I had a long look at them at the boat show and took a ride in one at the GC, however my budget couldn't dictate the 20+k price tag. their build quality and warranty looks very good. Also have a look at the Formosa range, I had the 5.2 CC and the service was excellent!

Then I took a ride in a CrossxCounty boat and I was blown away by the ride. I bought a 4.1 with a 25 4 stroke Yammy which is perfect for me because I mainly fish alone. Chrisso's 4.3 (happy hooker) with the Suzi 40 is insane, the ride is miles ahead of any plate or tinnie boat.

My mate Brian who is a hard core boatie and when he had a look at mine he turned his noes up at it at first....he is diplomatic like that. Then he had a ride in it and was blown away my the ride.

The only downside to owning a fibreglass boat in my eyes is that you need to be a little more careful pulling up to boat ramps, river banks and or beaches. Also loading on and of the trailer is another area where you wantt o be a little more carefull but these are just small things that I can live with.

Im not a fan of side consoles but in truth any boat in side cross slop wind and you will get wet, I opted for the good old tiller stear.

Just throwing it out there as an alternitive, go for a ride in a crossxcountry and spec it against the bluefin, I think you will find that the Crossxcountry might be a tinny more expensive but for the ride you get I am happy to pay the extra.

My 2 cents

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey bud, I have a bluefin rogue, awesome boat and I've had a few, I had a quintrex dory 4.2 dory which is the rogue equavelent which got stolen so I went out and bought a rogue and never looked back, heaps better than the quinnie but I think that is due cause I have a better motor a 40hp yammie 4 stroke on the rogue, awesome motor trim tilt on the handle and very quiet, I was looking at side consoles but didn't bother as the tiller steer has those features on it with the trim tilt throttle control lock ect.. I also have the yammie hooked up to the lowrance hds for engine gauges log hours ect if ya want anymore info or pics setup ect just send me a message. I fitted out the boat myself as well which turned out really well cause I new where I went wrong with the quinine.

Cheers ben

I had a 4.3m crossxcountry which i sold last year and i don't agree that the ride is miles ahead of any plate or tinny boat. It was a good ride in a smaller chop if the bow was trimmed down, but in any larger chop or wake it banged bloody hard just like any other small boat (have a look at the deadrise of the crossxcountry and that in itself tells a story), sure if you are by yourself or with a mate you can push the throttle forward bounce through it but with the wife and kids aboard it's not an option. I have a mate with a blue fin 4.5m which i have driven and i have taken the family for a test drive in a bluefin and i have actually found the bluefin to be a superior ride in "most" conditions albeit not as quiet as the crossxcountry. I am now looking at buying a blue fin. Crossxcountry do have advantages in some respects but not everything about them is positive, I can honestly say that my kids hated the crossxcountry and when we took the bluefin for a run they loved it and wanted me to buy it (i loved it too and will buy it in the new year)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a minor detail but check that your nav lights are correctly set up correctly as it looks like they are mounted on the "curve" of the bow (might not be the case).

The ruling is that they have to be on the straight section and the light can not overlap each other in any way when looking at the boat head on.

I got pinged on a brand new Formosa at the mouth of the river by the water coppers. Also make sure your white all round light is higher that your bimini when up! they ping you for that too.

Rules hey.,.........

Great looking boat well done!!!

Thanks Batman,

I actually asked that same question and the supplier stated that the lights are on the corner of were the curve start and the straight finishes I am in the guidelines so all is good. The white light is in one of my boat pockets as I have not need to use it yet and the white light is higher then the bimini.

Now all I need is to learn to fish as I have no idea lol...

Cheers mate.

There should be plenty of people that would be willing to pass on fishing knowledge without a boat that would jump at the opportunity to show you how in your new boat.

Here's one from a couple of weeks ago.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/south-queensland/440373-need-a-decky-or-fishing-partner

cheers

Wayne

Thanks Mate,

I will put a post up in a couple of weeks regarding help with fishing once I get used to my boat. I went for a fish in the mouth of the pine last very hot Saturday. Caught a whiting a shovel nose shark, stingray and a little flathead on prawns. I want to learn how to use soft plastics and lures and the biggest part is what rigs for what fish etc....

Still learning the lay of the land myself otherwise I would have offered to head out together.

There will more experienced fishos that can show you the ropes better than I.

The boat's a bit big to get into the skinny bass water I've been fishing for the last year. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived