Hat-Trick on the Pink.

Doobsy

After taking the weather forecasts and recent fishing reports in to consideration, Sweresy and I headed out from Viccy Point to fish the Bay with the light gear and take along the bigger sticks ‘just in case…’

post-4593-144599024604_thumb.jpg

We met at the ramp at 4:30am and were soon at our first spot. The start of the incoming tide and cloud cover delaying the sunrise were favourable and first cast I was on! I had been hoping for a nice pannie all week and was pretty stoked at nailing one first up.

post-4593-144599024611_thumb.jpg

It nailed my lure so as I was re-rigging, Sweresy got in on the action with a just under legal. I threw a second cast and one hop and I was on again. A bit of pull on the drag and it headed straight for us so I was winding like crazy and as it came close, it took off at a line-peeling pace. The bowing through the rod and the assertive tail-thuds assured me that this was definitely an upgrade. A swift netting by the skipper and Sunday night dinner was being mentally prepared.

post-4593-14459902462_thumb.jpg

I was on a hat-trick and pretty pumped at this stage but the lure came back untouched… :pinch:

The bite went a bit quiet so we moved to the flats to see if we could find some Breambos. We did and had heaps of fun nailing them on cranks, plastics and surface lures. The funny thing was that we were alternating lure styles as we moved around and improved our results with each change and not at the same time.

post-4593-144599024629_thumb.jpg

post-4593-144599024638_thumb.jpg

Sweresy was retrieving a surface walker when he got smashed by a chopper. A few aerials later and some anxious moments over light line, expensive lures and chopper teeth saw a nice tailor in the mix.

post-4593-144599024647_thumb.jpg

A few casts later and another legal Squire was added to Sweresys menu.

The wind started picking up and with a good session already had as well as some nice fillets for the tables, we headed in and were home by 10.

Great way to start the weekend.

Cheers. ;)

Well done guys, like you pair I was one on the water at first light headed to the red marker at coochie and first cast was a line taker then busted off. Then head over to peel and my mate catching lots of squire and having a ball. These were averaging around the 32 mark. Next thing my line bent over and what you know I have my first squire on the deck, 38 cm. Sent the line back in waited for a while and off she goes, all exited and told my mate get the net ready. With excitement I have my pb snapper on board 58 cm. With the wind picking up we headed back in and home for lunch. End results was 3 fish on ice. What a day.

Archived