Amity Nth StrabrokeIsland June 20 to 27th

tugger

Renting a house over at Amity again this year in june the house is 100m from the boat ramp and is a water front block itself if anyone is over there around then let us know or if you are interested in joining us in the house it has plenty of parking for cars and boats. The house will be around $130 each plus barge fees and food for the week we had a blast over there last year and were able to get offshore 5 times during the week. The fishing was good from the rocks near the ramp as well and we often fish from the back yard with a few coldies in our comfy chairs it was hard to take looking back across the bay in the arvo with the sunset over the water.

Let us know here if your interested in coming over there are many ways you can do it with the camping ground just 100m from where we are staying we also have the option to get the house next door if we get enough people it is available.

Here is the link for the house

/>http://www.stayz.com.au/accommodation/qld/queensland-islands/north-stradbroke-island/134818

I would like to make this social a yearly thing also you have so many options with the jetty and the ramp at amity only 100m away or plenty of beach and rock options at point lookout

Ah I would usually be there anyway but will be in PNG!

Good luck!

Amgus

Mark has booked and paid the deposit on the house for the week of June 20 to 27th

The price for the house is $1122 for the week.

Once you guys know for sure what you are doing, please post up here with your dates that you will be staying and I will draw up another bed roster like I did last year.

Remember there is only 6 beds that sleep 8 people but we will slip more people in on the floor.

Beds will only be reserved once you have made your payment and priority for beds go to anyone who is staying the full week.

This house is $400 dearer than last year as it is much bigger so nightly costs will be more this year per person.

Until we get a better idea on numbers the weekly cost will be $150 and single nights will cost $30 pp.

This cost may drop for everyone if we get enough people in the house over the full week.

We will probably just do the food the same as last year where Mark and I did the shopping and everyone paid $5 per day for food.This worked well and saved everyone bringing the same stuff and overfilling the fridges.

2 beds are taken already so there is only 4 left plus enough floor space for 20 odd people in this house.

List so far is

Tugger week PAID (bed)

Lance week (bed)

Andrew (gloomy samurai) week

Big Ben week (bed)

Ezy ?

Kelvin weekend

Brad weekend

Brendan (4 days) (floor)

Ted - Week (bed)

So far we have 2 offshore boats coming for the week with Mark and Ted's boats both attending for the full week.

These boats are being towed across to the island on the barges so there is quite a large expense to do this therefore anyone fishing from these boats over the week will need to pay for an equal share of the barge costs on top of your daily fishing costs.

It does not work out to be a lot of money per head but it goes a long way to helping out the owners of these boats with the excess costs so they can take all of us out for a fish offshore or in the bay itself.

If you do go on one of these boats please expect a small cost contribution to cover these extra costs.

The same goes for fuel, bait, ice and fishing gear that is used in these boats every day, you will need to pay your share.

Both Mark and Ted are taking their vehicles over so people are welcome to car pool into these vehicles if you want to save on barge costs.

Even if you take your own car and boat over but decide to go out in one of these bigger boats you will still need to contribute to the barge and daily running costs.

If you have any questions please ask here.

There probably be a few other big boats going to anchor up just in front of the house for the weekend as well joining us for a few coldies in the arvo and fishing offshore in the mornings if the weather is kind to us and a few smaller boats hiting peel island up they will confirm closer to the dates

put me down for full week happy to pay 150 and food cost for a week. thanks guys looking forward to this and will put in for hols on monday so definatley put me down, ezy

hey guys sorry cant make full week due to commitments (will be at hut for couple of nights for james birthday) but happy to come from 23rd to the 27th still happy with costs ect so put me down cheers ezy

The Amity Point camping grounds has a protected anchorage right in front of the tent area with 2 rock groins I have used this and it is verycalm for the boats on anchor.

The big jetty also runs off the corner of the camp ground and is excellent for fishing and squiding we will be walking down on many of the nights with a esky full of coldies to have a fish off there.

I hope the bonito are running again this year as they were fun on light gear you could catch as many as you liked they were that thick

Hey guys,

This trip sounds like a ton of fun!

I fish of a ski and was wondering if there would be a good place to moor it once there?

My thinking is that I would ride over from Cleveland point on the ski to avoid barge costs, and fish Peel on the way and stay 1 or 2 nights.

I would also be very interested in heading offshore on one of the boats and more than happy to pay my way.

Let me know your thoughts on the best options.

Thanks, Lyndon

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to not be there with you guys this year, had a cracking time last year and hope it's as fruitful as last year! Think the fish lasted me nearly 3 months!

Still having a great time reading the posts especially Lance's recent Bar Cod escapades, they're monsters! Love the popping eyes too haha! :woohoo:

• 1 month later...
Heya Morty I hope you are well mate.

Just to tease you a bit,these are some of the fish we caught this weekend just gone between our 2 boats.

[attachment=71255]20140324_085406.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=71256]20140324_114553.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=71257]1395548147019.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=71258]20140324_225818.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=71259]20140324_225809.jpg[/attachment]

Cor Blimey Govna! :woohoo:

• 1 month later...

Less than 2 weeks to go before we are kicking back in our beach side house at Amity we had loads of fun last time and was good to just chill on the bank in the back yard with a drink in reach at all times with a fishing line out and rod wedged in the rocks. I hope we can get out plenty of times in the boats like last year as well it is a good time of year weather wise but if not there is still plenty of things to do around the island. There is still 1 spot left in the house for the week not that we are worried if its not filled if anyone is going past let 1 of us know if you want to follow us out fishing outside or around that part of the bay.

Sorry I missed this post I don't know of anywhere near by to moor a jetski and the both Teds Boat and mine have the deckie spots taken for the week

Hey guys,

This trip sounds like a ton of fun!

I fish of a ski and was wondering if there would be a good place to moor it once there?

My thinking is that I would ride over from Cleveland point on the ski to avoid barge costs, and fish Peel on the way and stay 1 or 2 nights.

I would also be very interested in heading offshore on one of the boats and more than happy to pay my way.

Let me know your thoughts on the best options.

Thanks, Lyndon

We will all have to take our own linen for the beds etc there are 2 queen beds and the rest are singles Ben has asked for 1 of the queen beds as his missus is coming over and I will take 1 of the single beds so don't forget your sheets and doonas

Looks like there is more than bonito to throw the slugs at from the shore line, my mate just got back from Stradie and said the frog mouth pillies are thick along main beach with schools of spanish mackerel and tuna in the waves on the shore break. He was casting slugs out for the spanairds when something hit it and 40 minutes later on his surf rod he lands a 13kg tuna he was hoping it was 1 of the big spanish macks. Time to hatch a plan for the beach now as wel :evil:

the local pro's got into the mullet along flinders beach this week.by the report a big catch

the local dolphins are still causing havoc(maybe it's just me)

hope the weather stays fine and the beer cold .just leave a few for me going to amity on the 28th

Dad and I should be joining the flotilla on Sat morning - I will call you Thursday to firm up details Mark. Michael has to play footy so will more than likely have a couple of deckie spots. Can't wait!! Especially can't wait to see my old fella's reaction to the concept of floatlining for the first time, seeing as though he loves his handlines and paternosters ..........

Ok Kelvin will talk soon

Dad and I should be joining the flotilla on Sat morning - I will call you Thursday to firm up details Mark. Michael has to play footy so will more than likely have a couple of deckie spots. Can't wait!! Especially can't wait to see my old fella's reaction to the concept of floatlining for the first time, seeing as though he loves his handlines and paternosters ..........

Archived