Awesome Birthday Present! (Shimano Sierra 2500 FB)

fishergirl

The reel is a smacko thing, you'll love it. A good balance between small enough for the lighter stuff but tough enough to handle anything bigger that might jump on.

Good for bass, bream, small trevs and YB's.

Good for plastics, lures and bait.

Happy Birthday and hope you get plenty of fish.

Got to love getting fishing gear presents!

I reckon it will be a good combo, just remember to look after it, and it should last for many birthdays to come.

Did it come with line? Depending on the type of fihing you do, braid or firline might be a good investment.

Hip Hip Hooray for the other day!

Rocket

No it didnt come with line. My dad gave me some line from his tacklebox that he said was good quality and I believe him lol. I dont do nearly enough fishing to warrant braid or fireline on this combo. all I hope to use this for is for fishing from riverbanks and piers and maybe the beaches around hervey bay for whiting fishing... Ill probably just put a braid trace on when I gear up though,

Braid as a trace may not be a good idea, it does not have really good abrasion resistance and has very little if any stretch. Flurocarbon or good mono would be a better choice for trace/leader material.

If you are planning to fish mainly with baits (not lures), then a good mono should be fine as your main line. Good luck christening the new outfit.

Rocket

Archived