Few trips from the last couple of weeks.

old mate

Been doing a fair bit of fishing over the past few weeks mainly on weekends, I apologise if a few fish and trips have been posted about.

First notable trip was 3 weeks ago out the Damien2rad, with a few idea in mind tossing up between fishing southern bay or the river, the bay won and we where out chasing snapper in the shallows of peel, with not much luck catching a few bream and pike we where off to goat when a god size school of mackerel broke the surface a few hundered meters away. We quickle raced over and got busted off on bream gear and had time to rig up new rods and have a cast, both dame and myself got oursleves a spottie mackerel. we ended upchasing mackerel for the next couple of hours and boated 8 for the day. After it all quietned down we went on an exploration before getting the call to another spot to chase some kings that where hitting surface, it was here dame landed himself a nice healthy kingy.

post-6803-144599040966_thumb.jpg

post-6803-144599040978_thumb.jpg

The wind picked up at about 2pm and we decided to make our way in when tuna decided to bust up all around us, we where not intrelly prepared casting a tt vibe on the Nordice Stage ariel pro paired with a 1000 stella, fair to say that fight was over in seconds when the hooks fell out.

post-6803-144599041039_thumb.jpg

The day was ended with a nice fead back at dames and a good day was had.

Went out again two Saturdays ago with my brother hoping to get him onto a few mackerel for a bit of fun.

After a slow morning around peel we decided to head towards harries with only Bnnies popping up. Once we got to harris we didn't have much luck and decided to head in, on the trip home tuna and mackerel started busting up all around us and made it hard to choose what school to hit. My borther ended up hooking his first longtail and oh how excited he was. Unfortunatley this was short lived when the tuna managed to drop the slug (downside to running trebbles). Was not long before he was only another tuna and was not long until we lost another tuna, this happend about 8 times and they only seamed to want the slugs. After that we came across a school of spotties and manged to land a few out of a school and a few schoolies for down low.

Although we lost a lot of fish it was still a good day.

I also managed to sneak out that monday again with Damien2Rad, plan was a quick morning session on the spotties. We launched before sun up so we went and hit the shallows of peel where Damien landed his first leagl lure Caught Snapper, We then made our way towards where the bait was making a mess of the surface so we decided to wait and see if the spotties where going to come on surface. Once the sun was up it was game on, we mangaed to get 3 early on in the piece then things slowed down, once the tide changed we managed a double hook up when a school bust within 5 metres of the boat drifting along. Quick photo and in the esky they went. With the water as flat as it was we made our way up to Mud Area to see if we could find some Tuna but as soon as i flet the Northerly Change i pulled the pin and went in.

post-6803-144599040989_thumb.jpg

post-6803-144599040997_thumb.jpg

post-6803-144599041029_thumb.jpg

I was fortunate enough to be invited out last Saturday Along with Ted (Crazywarlus) off shore, where we had fun crossing the bar catching our bag of dollies and then stopping the unstopables with Bi Polar pulling a 104cm King fish. I managed to nab myself two nice Snapper that ted found on the sounder under a school of tuna, First one going 72.5cm and the second going 66cm both caught on the drop on a 1oz 5/0 5" Baby Bass Zman. To top it all off we managed to fill ted esky with little macs for bait for another day and a nice little yellow fin for Stu.

Appolagise on photo somone does not know how to use and iphone, was getting the dollies on a Maria Bullchop

post-6803-144599041005_thumb.jpg

post-6803-14459904101_thumb.jpg

post-6803-144599041017_thumb.jpg

Funnest part of the day Watching Ted Fillet 14 Dollies 5 Snapper a Solid King fish and yellow fin. I have never Filleted fish myself so i felt a little bad i could not help.

Will be heading to Herevy bay on a charter in the 12th or april so will be looking forward to posting about it.

Cheers Chris

post-6803-144599040986_thumb.jpg

post-6803-144599041023_thumb.jpg

Archived